BSOD that regular solutions won’t fix

SeapantherGaming

So I originally had a problem with my Rx 580, however after a while of troubleshooting it was replaced on warranty and everything seemed to be running fine on my PC again. However within the last month I have encountered countless times times the BSOD error critical_process_died. So I went to researching the problem however only 5 solutions are to be found anywhere online. Run a virus scan- no virus found

Update drivers- all drivers up to date

Run sfc scannow and DISM- both came back all clear

Undo any recent changes- I hadn’t made any recent changes to OS or drivers or anything of the sort

Last resort reset Windows- done but the issue still persists.

Which leaves me here the only other ideas I have involve the issue I have been dealing with for a while but just not caring all to much about. My 2tb Seagate HDD only gives me 1tb which I thought I already dealt with the GPU I don’t want to deal with that so I lived with it. But now I have started testing with it to see if I can find anything it is causing. After some searching I found it believed it was two different drives and had them split only showing me half of the data. Which is another problem I would like to address but since at the time I had nothing on it after the fresh windows reboot I unplugged it leaving only the SSD with windows attached. All seamed well I left the pic alone for a while but about 4 hours later when I returned it had rebooted again which is a indication it had BSODed again and while I was not there to see that error I’m almost certain it was critical process died like I have been getting for about a month and a half. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Does it pass memtest86? Failing RAM could cause all sorts of issues. Might also want to update your motherboard's BIOS.

I’m pretty new to pc what is memtest86?

So Update I have updated the BIOS tot eh most recent version and will attempt to test it and leave it running for a while to see if this has solved the BSOD 

44 minutes ago, SeapantherGaming said:

I’m pretty new to pc what is memtest86?

https://www.memtest86.com

Tests your memory to see if any data goes in as one thing and out as another thing

In theory, data that goes in is the same as the data that comes out, but some sticks can be faulty, memory OCs might not be right, etc

10 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Tests your memory to see if any data goes in as one thing and out as another thing

In theory, data that goes in is the same as the data that comes out, but some sticks can be faulty, memory OCs might not be right, etc

Ok I will have to open that through my pc and use the link,  as the bios update didn’t work and I just got the BSOD again

9 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Passed all 4 tests with no errors 

13 hours ago, SeapantherGaming said:

...Run a virus scan- no virus found

Update drivers- all drivers up to date

Run sfc scannow and DISM- both came back all clear

Undo any recent changes- I hadn’t made any recent changes to OS or drivers or anything of the sort

Last resort reset Windows- done but the issue still persists...

Basically, all this was to try to recover the sectors that could have been damaged. For you to know, the system files or sectors that are damaged can recover, but unfortunately, if you are still forced to reinstall your operating system and the problem still persists, then your problem is greater, the software blocks or the sectors can be repaired as I said but not the hardware blocks or sectors, you can try to find a firmware update for your HDD in the following link:

If there is a firmware update available, then perform that update. If not even reinstalling your operating system / updating your FW corrected this problem, change that hard drive to rule it out as the main cause of your problem.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

2 hours ago, seagate_surfer said:

Basically, all this was to try to recover the sectors that could have been damaged. For you to know, the system files or sectors that are damaged can recover, but unfortunately, if you are still forced to reinstall your operating system and the problem still persists, then your problem is greater, the software blocks or the sectors can be repaired as I said but not the hardware blocks or sectors, you can try to find a firmware update for your HDD in the following link:

If there is a firmware update available, then perform that update. If not even reinstalling your operating system / updating your FW corrected this problem, change that hard drive to rule it out as the main cause of your problem.

The HDD is unplugged from the system both SATA and power wise as I was wanting to rule out the HDD and the problem persists with it unplugged so should I perform the firmware update on the SSD still attached?

22 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ok I will have to open that through my pc and use the link,  as the bios update didn’t work and I just got the BSOD again

I don’t know how it just resent that I was typing a a new post and it sent that previous one my apologies, I went to upgrade the firmware it wouldn’t allow me to seeing as it is rather new I’m assuming that means it’s up to date. However the boss is still continuing 

Continuing to search I have found a spot in windows log where 6 errors are strung together all with the error code -2147024893 however I am unable to find anything on this error

On 6/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, SeapantherGaming said:

The HDD is unplugged from the system both SATA and power wise as I was wanting to rule out the HDD and the problem persists with it unplugged so should I perform the firmware update on the SSD still attached?

I would, yes! Also, try to make a reset in your BIOS, but this time just connect the memory, the monitor and the PSU to the MOBO and start the computer, if you can not access the BIOS and do the BIOS reset, it is very likely that you have memory problems...

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to buy new ram as I had had enough troubleshooting and hoped this would just fix the issue, however the within 20 minutes of the new g skill trident z 3200 MHz 16g ram being put in place of the previous ram I got page fault in non page area

Also it can no longer detect my ssd and I simply boot into bios every time I start it up.

3 hours ago, SeapantherGaming said:

Also it can no longer detect my ssd and I simply boot into bios every time I start it up.

I want you to do the following things...

1. Reset your bios by removing the CMOS battery.
  2. Backup your important files and reinstall Windows 10.

GOLDEN CAT

Ryzen 5 2400g

Asrock AB350 PRO4

Gskill Ripjaws 4*2gb 3000mhz

HP EX920 512GB

Seagate barracuda 2000GB

Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme

Fractal Design Meshify C

Cooler Master Masterwatt 550

22 minutes ago, tranquilizer said:

I want you to do the following things...

1. Reset your bios by removing the CMOS battery.
  2. Backup your important files and reinstall Windows 10.

I will attempt the cmos clear but it seems useless to reinstall windows again at this point, as I have attempted this nearly multiple times performing clean wipes of everything on all drives 

1 hour ago, SeapantherGaming said:

I will attempt the cmos clear but it seems useless to reinstall windows again at this point, as I have attempted this nearly multiple times performing clean wipes of everything on all drives 

So I reset the cmos while it did get me back into windows the system had to attempt to boot many times before it got there, while it was booting I watched my dr debug and it kept giving the error code 15 which represents a error in memory or cpu. Keep in mind there is brand new ram in the system installed this morning 

My working theory = CPU Cache error (bad overclock)
or bad ram.
Pending you checked that...

EXTRA TROUBLESHOOTING STEP recommended...

Reinstall windows!
(but that takes too long so do the following...)

Create a Windows to Go USB disk
---> But how, tho?
1.) Download Rufus
2.) Find Windows ISO (but not from Microsoft website via media creation tool. that hasnt the needed files)
3.) Point rufus to ISO and USB disk... (this can be a USB-SATA controlled HDD)
- Solid State Disk recommended.
4.) Boot it, and ONLY install drivers (maybe web browser)
- Try to repeat error
- If no error, install new thing
- repeat until things happen.

10 hours ago, Dr_badwolf said:

My working theory = CPU Cache error (bad overclock)
or bad ram.
Pending you checked that...

EXTRA TROUBLESHOOTING STEP recommended...

Reinstall windows!
(but that takes too long so do the following...)

Create a Windows to Go USB disk
---> But how, tho?
1.) Download Rufus
2.) Find Windows ISO (but not from Microsoft website via media creation tool. that hasnt the needed files)
3.) Point rufus to ISO and USB disk... (this can be a USB-SATA controlled HDD)
- Solid State Disk recommended.
4.) Boot it, and ONLY install drivers (maybe web browser)
- Try to repeat error
- If no error, install new thing
- repeat until things happen.

As for bad ram that was my thought originally and so it was replaced. As for the CPU it seems unlikely  it’s a bad overclock as I left it at standard clock speeds. So if that’s bad clock perhaps does the pc need it overclocked?

As for the reinstall I’m getting a ready to go out of town so I will try that when I return later this week

17 hours ago, Dr_badwolf said:

I 'm not sure why the official website for Windows 10 wouldn't have all files needed to install successfully an OS...

6 hours ago, SeapantherGaming said:

As for the reinstall I’m getting a ready to go out of town so I will try that when I return later this week

Also, remember that the firmware upgrade is applicable to all components in your machine, the new RAM may have updates available and also the BIOS, check the manufacturer website to see if there are upgrades for your equipment.

EDIT: Posted a comment here by mistake! ✌️? Sorry please ignore this one...

On 7/6/2019 at 3:54 PM, seagate_surfer said:

I 'm not sure why the official website for Windows 10 wouldn't have all files needed to install successfully an OS...

Also, remember that the firmware upgrade is applicable to all components in your machine, the new RAM may have updates available and also the BIOS, check the manufacturer website to see if there are upgrades for your equipment.

So I checked for new softwares for the ram and the only softwares on the g skill site we’re for RGB and my motherboard already have the RGB which and I don’t care about RGB so I didn’t install it.