The new Windows 10 Gaming Edition ROG Rampage V3 2019

David Anderson
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,

Some random file on the internet from a random file drop site that's not verified by anyone is almost certainly going to be loaded with crap to steal all your information. Probably at least one keylogger and other malicious code dropped built right into it.

If it's not malicious (highly unlikely) then it's just someone tweaking settings that you can do yourself and still isn't worth the risk.

Hi LinusTechTips forum,

So a few days ago, I looked through my YouTube and saw this weird new "Windows 10 Gaming Edition". I do not know what it is so I googled it and found this: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?110662-Windows-10-Pro-vs-Windows-10-Gaming-Edition-ROG-Rampage-v3-2019-Edition-etc

Does anyone have any ideas about this weird OS?

Is this weird OS original or it is just Windows 10 turning some things off and add a weird theme?

Is it really faster in gaming than the original Windows 10?

Can we turn the original Windows 10 to this "Gaming Edition" manually? (manually here I mean like change the settings to be the same as the Gaming Edition)

Is this a total scam?

Sincerely,

David Anderson

Some random file on the internet from a random file drop site that's not verified by anyone is almost certainly going to be loaded with crap to steal all your information. Probably at least one keylogger and other malicious code dropped built right into it.

If it's not malicious (highly unlikely) then it's just someone tweaking settings that you can do yourself and still isn't worth the risk.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: