Some people say it is wrong to laugh at the misfortune of others

Sammael

These people are wrong.

There are certain types of misfortune (i.e. gross personal stupidity) that are perfectly reasonable to laugh at.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:  A story from my childhood

I went to Vegas for a week long vacation years and years ago with my uncle.  My cousin with there as well, he was about 2 years my junior at about 12.  We were walking towards the hotel lobby door, my cousin in the lead, when I hear a loud thud sound.  My cousin collapsed onto the floor.  He walked face first into a glass door.  Now first, I commend those hotel people for having such clean doors, it must have been spotless.  But back to my cousin.  He busted his lip on the door, a hotel employee brought him a towel while he was splayed on the floor.  I too was on the floor, I had not breathed in fresh air for about 20s straight as all the air had been sucked out of my lungs laughing at my cousin.  This was not a normal laugh, this was the kind of laugh that constricts all the muscles in your body and stops all other activity.  I tried to stop after about 2 minutes straight, I failed.  It was such an example of stupidity I could not help myself.

I know, I am a horrible person.  If I was Canadian I probably would have been nicer.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

No. It's very nice laughing of people. It prevents you from taking suicide. By letting others commit suicide.

No, no on a more serious note: As long as you don't bully them with it then it's perfectly fine :) I had the same "problem" when a friend of mine ran right into a open window when we were running around a house ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Shadenfreude all the way

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Call me what ever you want but this sort of thing I find neither funny nor entertaining.  I remember reading somewhere that laughing at misfortune purely because it is misfortune is linked to immaturity. But decide for yourself.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No. It's very nice laughing of people. It prevents you from taking suicide. By letting others commit suicide.

Thats more of a bullying. Alltho both can cause mental problems., and i saw in news a girl commited suicide because she wasnt pretty sight and classmates were making fun of her, even on the social sites.

Laughing to someone who is making stunt and fails is normal.

Thats more of a bullying. Alltho both can cause mental problems., and i saw in news a girl commited suicide because she wasnt pretty sight and classmates were making fun of her, even on the social sites.

Laughing to someone who is making stunt and fails is normal.

Read the sentence below. I didn' really actually mean it serious ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Laughing at people is always acceptable. People should accept to be laughed at if they've done something funny.

Compatible with Windows 95