Phanteks Enthoo Primo

LinusTech

NCIX: http://products.ncix.com/detail/phanteks-enthoo-primo-ultimate-full-tower-eatx-case-black-w-blue-led-5x5-25-6x3-5int-2xusb3-0-no-ps-ba-92107-1347.htm

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1lc8

My unboxing and review of the Phanteks Enthoo Primo - their first case - is here. This case really impressed me, but the weight and size might be a turn off for some people. Honestly I found it a little too big and a little too heavy, but for a "mainstream" case option with lots and lots of liquid cooling support it's between this and the 900D, and the Enthoo Primo looks very appealing. The build quality is strong considering the features and price.

Here are the build logs I refer to in the video:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70138-build-log-phanteks-enthoo-primo-ice-water/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1442547/ssb-stealth-spine-breaker-enthoo-primo-watercooling-stealth-look-re-build-log

Finally it is here. :D  :)

BTW this is the perfect time for me. Keep uploading them at this time.

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

mmm this or the 900d what do you guys think? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Your amazon link is linked to the wrong product.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

Hmm, the video is restricted to only those with the link. This isn't normal I don't think? :P This is like the first time I've gone to a video through the forum so I don't really know :)

Yeah the amazon link a wireless card reader on the French site for some reason

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Your amazon link is linked to the wrong product.

I suspect it's Georiot mucking it up for people in other regions.

Hmm, the video is restricted to only those with the link. This isn't normal I don't think? :P This is like the first time I've gone to a video through the forum so I don't really know :)

Yes I release them on the forum a little bit before I actually publish.

also your location is creepy as balls... :P

Great review for a great case, I really appreciated their approach to user customizability.

NCIX: http://products.ncix.com/detail/phanteks-enthoo-primo-ultimate-full-tower-eatx-case-black-w-blue-led-5x5-25-6x3-5int-2xusb3-0-no-ps-ba-92107-1347.htm

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1lc8

My unboxing and review of the Phanteks Enthoo Primo - their first case - is here. This case really impressed me, but the weight and size might be a turn off for some people. Honestly I found it a little too big and a little too heavy, but for a "mainstream" case option with lots and lots of liquid cooling support it's between this and the 900D, and the Enthoo Primo looks very appealing. The build quality is strong considering the features and price.

Here are the build logs I refer to in the video:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70138-build-log-phanteks-enthoo-primo-ice-water/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1442547/ssb-stealth-spine-breaker-enthoo-primo-watercooling-stealth-look-re-build-log

That.... Is an expensive case D:

Well out of my price range, but it does look quite nice :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I was almost dead set on the Primo until I read some end user feedback around the web. Some silly quality control issues scared me off.

Went with the 900D in the end. Never been so happy with a case.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I suspect it's Georiot mucking it up for people in other regions.

Yep, it goes to a Kingston Digital MobileLite Wireless here in the US.

Build 1: CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7 GHz, GPU: GTX 660 Ti, Mobo: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, RAM: 8GB Samsung "wonder ram" @ 2133 Storage: SanDisk Extreme 240GB

Build 2: CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz GPU: GTX 780, Mobo: Asus z87-Pro RAM: Same as build 1. Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

NAS: FreeNAS running on core 2 Quad Q8400, 8GB RAM, 6 x Seagate 2TB. Dont bother with SanDisk SSD's, just don't.

This case really did look interesting if you were going with that 'custom' but not custom look for a water cooled rig. Personally not a fan of gigantic cases. Big is ok, but nothing that could collapse into a black hole under its own weight if you fill all the hard drive bays.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

Better than the 900D IMO.

Interested in Business and Technology

I actually pre-ordered this case for my build and am very pleased; absolutely beautiful case. Linus' review was great, but I truly think the case shows its true colors with a custom loop installed. The amount of accessible watercooling option is ridiculous, speaking from experience. Never build a pc before and had no problems. I have no real complaints up until this point and recommend it to anyone looking into a beautiful case to try out some sweet watercooling madness :)

If you're interested you can drop by my build log anytime http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

Better than the 900D IMO.

That's because it is. 

I'm sorry, but Linus' boner for Corsair aside, for watercooling setups - this IS the case.  For the PnP crowd, this case seems a little bit of an overkill.

Hell, even in Linus' video he used an AIO watercooling loop for the CPU and nothing else.  This is the perfect case for a custom watercooling loop and that's where it shines.  I don't know where these build quality issues are coming from - the case quality is top notch.  Not to mention the PWM fan splitter included - big bonus for controlling noise levels.

Dimitri has this case pegged right.

mmm this or the 900d what do you guys think? 

THIS; from what i've seen/heard the 900D has some quality issues.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

Undoubtedly a great case, but I just can't get over that stepped right side panel. It just looks like it was an afterthought and isn't elegant at all. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love this case and ordered mine couple days ago, can't wait to get my hands on it.