Windows cursor requires speed when switching monitors

Matt83

I recently used a proctor and they changed some of my "screen resolution" settings and I noticed that when I go from my left monitor to my right monitor slowly, my cursor gets stuck on the border of my left monitor (which never used to happen). The only way I can get my cursor across is by moving it quite fast (which I don't wanna be constantly doing). Hoping someone could help me out!

That's meant to be a feature so you can fix windows to that side of the display. Kind of nice in my own opinion. I unfortunately have no knowledge on how to disable this or if it's even realistically possible. It seems like a fairly well integrated component so unless you find it in some advanced system menu somewhere then I don't think you can disable it at all. I'll look into it though.

Update:

It would appear this feature is called Snap Assist. It can be disabled however this wouldn't just stop you from being able to snap a window to the line that separates your displays this would stop snap from working all together. If you don't mind sizing all your windows manually then this may fix the issue.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

That's meant to be a feature so you can fix windows to that side of the display. Kind of nice in my own opinion. I unfortunately have no knowledge on how to disable this or if it's even realistically possible. It seems like a fairly well integrated component so unless you find it in some advanced system menu somewhere then I don't think you can disable it at all. I'll look into it though.

Update:

It would appear this feature is called Snap Assist. It can be disabled however this wouldn't just stop you from being able to snap a window to the line that separates your displays this would stop snap from working all together. If you don't mind sizing all your windows manually then this may fix the issue.

Ok, thanks for the help