Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jordan_C21

help with build ( choosing cpu)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So, I wont be able to build an entirely new pc till probably October , by then ryzen 3000 series will be out , right now I have an i3 4170 and an rx 480 I could overclock I could upgrade to a 4790k used for like 150 and get a bigger psu call it a day and play some games and then resell the entire pc in october and build a new one, ryzen 5 3600 , 1660 ti , 16gb of ram etc etc. Only issues i have with the upgrade then sell as a whole ism, DDR3 and is it worth dropping about 200$ for the cpu and power supply. Although i could probably sell the entire thing on ebay for $500, thoughts? general discussion? just advice in general thanks 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't put anymore money in your old system. I would sell as is and save the rest for the new system. It's not worth it to spend  $200+ on a 4790k and a power supply just to maybe make that back when you sell the system in a few months.


Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
36 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I wouldn't put anymore money in your old system. I would sell as is and save the rest for the new system. It's not worth it to spend  $200+ on a 4790k and a power supply just to maybe make that back when you sell the system in a few months.

what if i stuck with this build with the 4790k since it performs really well and just didnt build an entire new computer in october, not sure if i should upgrade get pretty good performance out of it and stick with it until i build a new one or not

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

what if i stuck with this build with the 4790k since it performs really well and just didnt build an entire new computer in october, not sure if i should upgrade get pretty good performance out of it and stick with it until i build a new one or not

 

It's really up to you, if it were me I'd wait until I had a decent bit of money saved up and go for Ryzen 3000. Putting money into an outdated system/platform especially 4th gen intel unless you get it for a steal isn't worth it. 


Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
36 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

It's really up to you, if it were me I'd wait until I had a decent bit of money saved up and go for Ryzen 3000. Putting money into an outdated system/platform especially 4th gen intel unless you get it for a steal isn't worth it. 

thats what i was leaning towards anyways i was just exploring all options so its well thought out , thanks man 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×