New AMD drivers bricking cards

Aferim007

So, i upgraded from a gtx 750 to an rx 460. When i got it i put it in my computer, made sure the DVI connector was all the way in both the card and the monitor, and booted up.

When i  got in Windows the first thing i did was put the driver. That was the moment i first saw a GPU getting completely bricked, monitor went black (btw made sure i put the appropriate driver for the card). Reset it then i installed a fresh version of Windows 10 64-bit (version 1809) and it worked well. then i installed an older driver and the same thing happened: black screen, unresponsive,etc.

One reset later, to my surprise the computer didn't boot to the windows boot manager, it went to the BIOS?!!!

Do you people have any idea how to fix this?

7 minutes ago, Aferim007 said:

completely bricked

If the GPU still works, then it's not bricked. Drivers not working is not the same thing as being bricked.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Have you uninstalled your previous Nvidia driver with DDU (as recommended, in safe mode)?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

AMD drivers are extremely picky when it comes to some cards (especially with ones like mine with modified bioses) I only install WHQL drivers from AMD just to avoid getting in to this situation (not adrenalin or beta, WHQL)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18