Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheGlenlivet

Is there a name for this?

Posted · Original PosterOP

You know when a first time poster puts up a $5000 PC part picker link and basically does the-

image.png.7ed56e2f4bc9f82cc2651d11f5b9b51e.png

meme?  Is there a name for this?  It seems to happen all the time on this forum.

Dreambuilding is fine. I think we all do it.  Posting it, asking questions and wasting everyone's time gets old though. 

SHITPOSTING.

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @4.7ghz  |~| Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3200mhz CL16 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: Corsair RM850X 80Plus Gold |~| Boot: WD Black M.2 2280 500GB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk SSD Plus G26 480gb |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display Setup: Acer X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Just now, Princess Luna said:

SHITPOSTING.

I almost mentioned this term in the post, but it seemed to Reddit-y.  I agree it does fit the crime though.

It's not necessarily wasting other peoples time. It creates search results for future people looking for answers.

Plus the person initially lying doesn't need us to tell him/her that it's sad or wrong. He/she knows that deep down.

Intel i7 8700K - RTX 2080 OC - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - 970 Evo Plus 250GB m.2 - 970 Evo 1TB m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming Wifi Mobo - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair SP120 Quiet - 3 x Corsair ML120 - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync

You get the same issue on the BuildYourOwnHome.com forum.

First time builders showing off their 8 bedroom, 5 bathroom house with “it’s not much but it’s mine”

So you want people to post the piles of cash along side of their builds?  Lol you crack me up.

If someone asks for advice on a build who are you to determine whether they have the means to fund it?

"A promise is a promise"

30 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

You get the same issue on the BuildYourOwnHome.com forum.

First time builders showing off their 8 bedroom, 5 bathroom house with “it’s not much but it’s mine”

Or when you play a terrible F2P mobile game and people humbly brag about their insane builds that took years and thousands of dollars...Bruh...you're still playing a child's game with no skill, just loading screens and loot boxes. 

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

So you want people to post the piles of cash along side of their builds?  Lol you crack me up.

If someone asks for advice on a build who are you to determine whether they have the means to fund it?

No, I don't really care about how much it costs, it's more that there are frequent - goes down pcpartpicker and picks the most expensive thing in each category- posts here titled, FIRST BUILD, WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?.  They seem like a daily occurrence here.  

If someone needs help, and I know what the issue is, I'll help them.  Whether it's advice or troubleshooting.

4 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

its called photoshop.

looks like 2x 12cm fan at front has same width as back 

This is absolutely not the topic at hand here?

The topic is about those daily "planning a new build what do you think" builds, which are generated at pcpartpicker by selecting the most expensive item.

And it is not photoshopped! Corsair 1000D is a real case you can buy, and it does look like this.

11 hours ago, veli2501 said:

Lets make a name for it.

I suggest: P4 (PC Part Picker Post)

So a reply to a post like that would be -

Nice P4.  You playing Minecraft on that rig...?

39 minutes ago, RoseLuck462 said:

That’s a nice case!

It's a good simple case for first time builders on a budget.  

/s