Creating a home network

Just now, VinZie said:

I think he is honestly using more equipment for this more then he needs

Exactly. Adding more and more routers and switches without an actual, valid reason for that isn't going to improve the network, it just makes the network more expensive, more complex and adds multiple bottlenecks on top of bottlenecks. It's better to try to use as few routers and switches as possible and only add more if there's an actual physical need.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Exactly. Adding more and more routers and switches without an actual, valid reason for that isn't going to improve the network, it just makes the network more expensive, more complex and adds multiple bottlenecks on top of bottlenecks. It's better to try to use as few routers and switches as possible and only add more if there's an actual physical need.

@iAtomPlaza I would only add more equipment if you're going to add more shit in the future. You turned this into a pretty expensive project.

I made a diagram like what you did in CISCO Packet Tracer and I think me and @WereCatf were right. Way too much equipment when one switch you can set up different access to.

Much Easier/less expensive method: 1911862362_Setup1.thumb.png.eaa29a41b0218115dded43a3782a0d60.png

Super Expensive/More complex method:1461785133_Setup2.thumb.png.3d2f468f5dabe9d7092867fe641d21fc.png

20 minutes ago, VinZie said:

Much Easier/less expensive method: 

Why do you both keep adding that 2nd switch there?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Why do you both keep adding that 2nd switch there?

I was just showing him that the method he provided in the first image was less expensive.

1 minute ago, VinZie said:

I was just showing him that the method he provided in the first image was less expensive.

Well, okay then.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:59 AM, VinZie said:

@iAtomPlaza I would only add more equipment if you're going to add more shit in the future. You turned this into a pretty expensive project.

I am planning to add more servers in the future, this was a basic setup where the servers were separated from the rest of the network