Computer won't stay asleep

steelo

Hi, 

I have a really silly problem where whenever I put my PC into 'sleep mode' with Windows 10 it will wake itself back up after about 2-3 minutes. So far, I've ensured that sleep mode was enabled in Windows but no luck. I'm also using powerline ethernet adapters and have a feeling maybe they are sending a signal to my NIC, waking the PC up? Here are my specs

ASRock B450M MB

Ryzen 5 2400G CPU

RX 570 graphics card

8 GB DDR 4 3200 RAM

Windows 10 OS

Wireless keyboard and mouse

Ethernet connection to powerline adapter 

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Hi, 

I have a really stupid problem where whenever I put my PC into 'sleep mode' with Windows 10 it will wake itself back up after about 2-3 minutes. So far, I've ensured that sleep mode was enabled in Windows but no luck. Here are my specs

ASRock B450M MB

Ryzen 5 2400G CPU

RX 570 graphics card

8 GB DDR 4 3200 RAM

Windows 10 OS

Wireless keyboard and mouse

Ethernet connection to powerline adapter (maybe the adapters keep waking the NIC up from sleep mode causing it to wake up?)

The only way I can think of the NIC waking up the PC is if magic packet is running and someone is waking the PC on LAN.

Try to shut off any source of internet on the PC, unplugging the ethernet/turning on airplane mode.

2 minutes ago, VinZie said:

The only way I can think of the NIC waking up the PC is if magic packet is running and someone is waking the PC on LAN.

Try to shut off any source of internet on the PC, unplugging the ethernet/turning on airplane mode.

Now that I think of it, I downloaded software for the powerwire adapters. I was hoping would keep the NIC awake because every other time I rebooted, it wouldn't connect to the internet. I think I may have solved my own problem! LOL. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Now that I think of it, I downloaded software for the powerwire adapters. I was hoping would keep the NIC awake because every other time I rebooted, it wouldn't connect to the internet. I think I may have solved my own problem! LOL. Thanks!

Glad to hear! If anything else occurs please refer back to this thread.