Need major help. Case fans not working

fatherearth

I have a MSI b450 gaming pro carbon and a rotanium temper-tg302 RGB case which comes with 4 pre-installed fans. These fans are 5 pins. The case also comes with a controller which has 8 slots for 5 pins, a few slots for 2 pins, im not sure what goes there and a sata cable which also has a part that connects to a wire that connects to the motherboard. I initially had the 4 fans connected to the controller and then had the sata connected to a another sata cable which was connected to my HDD. The RGB worked ( it has a small remote with rgb buttons) but the fans were running at 100% and they wouldnt show up on my motherboard BIOS. It would says 0rpm for the system fans. Now i connected it through a SATA cable and to the motherboard, tried system_fan 1 2 3 and 4. Fans spin again at 100% but no information on bios. And now the RGB isnt working. Tried doing it just through motherboard but this time nothing spins and no RGB. Tried connecting it to the PSU sata cable and motherboard, no RGB but 100% spinning and no information on BIOS.
Can anyone please help me?

https://imgur.com/a/eIMDdfC#yb6iX8Kalbum of my controller.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:30 AM, fatherearth said:

These fans are 5 pins. The case also comes with a controller which has 8 slots for 5 pins, a few slots for 2 pins, im not sure what goes there and a sata cable which also has a part that connects to a wire that connects to the motherboard. 

The 2 pins are most likely for an IR remote or an RF remote, based on what I'm, seeing online about the case. 

Is the part that connects to the motherboard a fan header or an RGB header? (The left connector is the RGB, and the right is the Fan header)

Image result for fan header vs rgb header

My guess is the wire coming off the SATA port is an ARGB header. It doesnt plug into a fan header, but an RGB header on your motherboard. On your board you should have a JRrainbow header (These fans seem to be Addressible RGB which means one of the pins in your header and your plug are "missing")

image.png.c5de4085e9225a67ea06aef485472064.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The 2 pins are most likely for an IR remote or an RF remote, based on what I'm, seeing online about the case. 

Is the part that connects to the motherboard a fan header or an RGB header? (The left connector is the RGB, and the right is the Fan header)

Image result for fan header vs rgb header

My guess is the wire coming off the SATA port is an ARGB header. It doesnt plug into a fan header, but an RGB header on your motherboard. On your board you should have a JRrainbow header (These fans seem to be Addressible RGB which means one of the pins in your header and your plug are "missing")

image.png.c5de4085e9225a67ea06aef485472064.png

the part that connects to the motherboard is the right. Its a fan header

On 6/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, fatherearth said:

the part that connects to the motherboard is the right. Its a fan header

Interesting. In that case the motherboard should detect the fan signal since it would act as a fan hub...

This whole setup came with a remote correct? Is there a button on the remote or a switch on the hub to change the fan hub from remote control to motherboard?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25