Desktop and Server All in One Custom Case Build Theory!

Hey LTT Group,

I had this crazy thought that popped in my head the other day. Plus, I enjoy seeing Linus and everyone create your custom PC's I wanted to propose am idea for a complete PC/Server bundle.

1 Custom case housing 2 separate Motherboards, 1 desktop 1 server, Make it Workstation or Gaming Desktop doesn't matter, Cooling method whatever you come up with preferred Liquid cooling.

Server must have a hot-swap HDD system (SSD or Mechanical) So this would be trick 1, trick 2 would be to have an interface capable to interact between the two systems using same keyboard and mouse.

Maybe there is a keyboard mouse bundle that has a system switch built in. 

Anywho, like I said a crazy concept... I hope it is one that sparks a new fun video!

That would be pretty interesting.

I wonder what steps would have to be taken to combat the amount of heat all those parts are gonna kick out, though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Why don't you just get a high cores cpu and run unraid, split the core in to 2 different setup and use KVM to control.

Put the sata in AHCI or RAID mode and it would be hot swapable. Get a hotswap dock and you're good to go.

Just like the "gaming" moniker, "server" part is pretty much the same as desktop.

Nothing special.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w