Looking for a Desk Chair

ProfBrown

So as the title suggests I am looking for a desk chair. I would like to spend under $230 (USD) or so for this chair, including shipped if possible. Now I know that "gaming chairs" are a tad on the over priced and under speced side, and honestly I'd prefer a mesh back to be honest. So ergo chairs it is. I'd prefer a full back chair with a head rest if possible, the leg rest is not needed. I am about 6'3", and around 270 lbs. I have been looking over Amazon and there are some with good reviews, but a few with people of my size saying that this chair or that chair is bad for x, y, z reason as per usual. I am interested to hear what you guys are saying/recommending/daily driving. Here are a few of the ones that stood out to me. Really looking to jump on one pretty soon. Getting a new chair would be the last step in redoing my whole set up within the last few months. Built my first PC a few days ago, upgraded to a dual monitor set up, getting a new desk here this weekend and new peripherals about a month and a half ago.

This one here is probably the front runner. Most expensive one so far and will cost me to ship as they don't seem to have other online sellers for this specific model of chair. Front runner due to some reviews online mainly. That and price to what you seem to be getting, which is premium from a rather nice brand?

https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-computer-chair?option1508=1765

Here is one of the first few that I looked at, but at 15% of the reviews being bad (1 stars) I am wanting to shy away. Seems a tad too good to be true with that price tag honestly. What I did like about it is the folding arms, that will help with space saving in the room being able to push the chair in farther under the desk.

https://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Mesh-Office-Chair-Black/dp/B07FV81W71/ref=sr_1_24?keywords=desk+chair&qid=1560998178&s=gateway&sr=8-24

My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Yeah I am liking the first one as well, seems to have the best build quality out of the ones I have seen on Amazon and the like.

My main concern with the one you listed from amazon is the lumbar support being too low for how tall I am... I wish the mid grade Autonomous chair was in my price range, the adjustable height back would be perfect for me...

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

Laptop:

My Ride:

I actually don't think that the first one looks good. It seems like the bottom might stick out too much, which may make it feel lite your lower back does not touch the chair which makes it feel unsupported. Also, the top of the back looks bent back too much for sitting at a computer. I would recommend looking at one with a flatter back and maybe one with a foam back so that it will fit your back better. You may also want to look for one with more adjustability, such as being able to move the seat back and forth, and the back up and down. BTW, I am also looking for a less expensive office chair now, and that is just my opinion. My front runner is the https://www.officemaster.com/products/detail/1?style=5. Hope this helped!

1 minute ago, jack.n11 said:

I actually don't think that the first one looks good. It seems like the bottom might stick out too much, which may make it feel lite your lower back does not touch the chair which makes it feel unsupported. Also, the top of the back looks bent back too much for sitting at a computer. I would recommend looking at one with a flatter back and maybe one with a foam back so that it will fit your back better. BTW, I am also looking for a less expensive office chair now, and that is just my opinion.

Yeah I can understand what you are saying. However, my spinal curve is rather pronounced.  I am mostly concerned with being tall.. my back is just gonna be higher than most chairs out there to be honest. At about 6’3” I’m fairly taller than average, and one of the few chairs under $300 I’ve seen that has an adjustable height back is the Autonomous Osmochair, but it’s on back order until September, so that’s a no go. 

Laptop:

My Ride: