hal initialization failed after overclock

wupasscat

Hi all, I recently overclocked my Ryzen 5 2600 to 3.9 ghz (could not get more on my $99 mobo) and was able to get a fairly significant performance improvement in games and (of course) cinebench. My computer was working great until I turned it on the next day went about my usual business and when I was finished, put it to sleep. Immediately after my monitor turned off the darn pc turns on again. and instead of going to sleep and then randomly turning back on again like it usually does (help please,) it turns on and gives me a nice HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED blue screen. HELP!!!!!

Thanks for any help!

Sounds like the overclock wasn't stable and you may have corrupted a windows component. Back to stock speeds, does it still fail?

That worked! Thanks!

I seem to be able to get 3.8ghz stable

also, my computer keeps turning back on after i put it to sleep.

Some boards are bad at sleeping with Windows, Google may help or there may be updates for it.

I updated the bios and chipset driver and it still turns on right after i put it to sleep.

I've had weird problems with certain surfaces and certain optical mice, try putting the mouse on something like a sheet of plain paper or even unplugging it and then sleeping it, to see if that resolves the issue?

i fixed it! it turned out the wifi adapter on my motherboard was waking the system and disabling its ability to wake the system in device manager solved it.

5 minutes ago, wupasscat said:

i fixed it! it turned out the wifi adapter on my motherboard was waking the system and disabling its ability to wake the system in device manager solved it.

Fantastic! So much more satisfying when you figure it out for yourself (or at least google it yourself).