Finalizing Build. Buying tomorrow. Is this list good?

Vectraat
Go to solution Solved by jerubedo,
3 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

I notice there's only 6x USB ports on that MB. I prefer more if possible and faster USB ports.

Ah, in that case:

The ASRock board there has 8 SATA ports.

2 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

We are literally 17 days from Zen 2 where a Ryzen 7 3700X~3800X will by all means be a much better alternative for this price point and you literally can't wait up?

No

guys, i think it's better to stop by now

if OP doesn't want in the most influential platform since zen 1 (which caused intel to come off their asses and start supplying higher than quadcores for mainstream) then that's his choice

but don't come back with a buyers remorse if it turns out to be so good that you get smashed in benchmarks

the 3700x and 3800x have been shown so far to be equal to a 9900k at a lower pricepoint

but then again, your chioce

i'd choose for a 8700-b360/h370/b365 platform, or a 8700k-z370/z390 platform if you want to have an upgrade to only 1 chip, combine it with a vii (equivlent to 2080 with double the vram in hbm2) and have fun

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the 3700x and 3800x have been shown so far to be equal to a 9900k at a lower pricepoint

Do you have a single reliable independent review that confirms this? Trusting manufacturer marketing is rarely a good idea, especially considering past history.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, brob said:

Do you have a single reliable independent review that confirms this? Trusting manufacturer marketing is rarely a good idea, especially considering past history.

no, because those aren't alowed to be shown so far

but last time AMD wasn't off, they went on par with a 6900k, the same as they said during the presentation

so i don't see why it would be different this time around

3 hours ago, ahmad13610 said:

snip

Your build is bad and you should stop recommending people waste money on it. 

Just for starters, check your logic for why you'd pay $700 CAD for a motherboard against what the real builds have.

It's not that I'm anti-AMD guys. I don't particularly hate any company. Sometimes I may take jabs at certain companies, but It's all in good fun. However, this is a time-sensitive purchase. I literally needed to have this computer built a week ago. And yes, I'm fully aware that AMD may offer better performance at a lower price when 3rd gen is released. But I don't read tech every day or every other day like some of you guys probably do--if I did, do you think I'd be here asking for build advice? So I'm not even gonna see these benchmarks that'll "crush" Intel, it will be as if they don't exist to me, so I'm not gonna sit here banging my head against a keyboard after the fact. Sometimes in life you need to accept sub-optimal paths. You weigh the pros and cons of your decisions. I should note that I've had extremely good luck with Intel and Nvidia. I've owned so many desktops at this point that I've lost count and I've yet to have an Intel/Nvidia product die on me and some computers I've owned for around 10+ years. That is a very good track record in my opinion? Meanwhile, I've had multiple friends who've had AMD processors die on them after 2-3 years. This is not a knock against AMD, and I realize hardware defects exist and their processors dying is not the deciding factor for me, but I'm saying, I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons here and there are many factors that are going into my decision--but the primary reason above all else is: I cannot wait. I really do not know why some of you cannot accept this.

Edit: I should note, that If I do end up waiting for some unforeseen circumstance(s), I'd be more than happy to take a look at AMD's offerings and could very likely go with AMD. I'm aware that AMD has less security vulnerabilities so that's a big plus in my book. But again, this is a time-sensitive decision. So, now that you're all aware of this, we can leave it be?

On 6/20/2019 at 11:09 PM, Vectraat said:

And yes, I'm fully aware that AMD may offer better performance at a lower price when 3rd gen is released. 

That's not the point.

The Point is that one side will do something, the other side will react to it.

And there are already some Articles about that on the way!

Here an Article:

https://www.techspot.com/news/80614-report-intel-cut-desktop-cpu-prices-10-15.html

Here the Table for it.

https://www.planet3dnow.de/cms/47831-intel-mit-preissenkungen-als-reaktion-auf-amds-ryzen-3000/

The 9600 isn't in the list but the 8600 is, wich is only getting ~15€ cheaper but the 8700 for example is almost getting 30€ cheaper according to th List. 

The 9900K for example around 50€, similar Drop with the 9700K.

Its not that one or the other is better, its that you have to pay more if you want it now and in a couple of days, the CPU gets a bit cheaper, possibly 10-20%.

If you don't have a Problem to pay up to 50€ more for ~2 Weeks earlier, fine. Your decision...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"