don't know where this falls under

I really don't know where this falls under I wanna learn to fix computers so I looked It up kinda stuck coz if what am looking for is  computer technician  my mom says its programming and I suck at math  well Math is a fundamental activity  in computer programming. Binary math is at the core of how any computer operates. Binary is used to represent each number in the computer. Reading and simple mathematical operations with binary is critical for low-level programming of hardware. then I looked up Do I need to be good in math to be a computer repair. it said No. Math is my worst subject and I’ve been able to do pretty well in “the trade” despite that fact, praise God, but I won’t say that having a good mathematical understanding or knowledge wouldn’t be helpful, depending on the specific area, such as programming am so lost coz I wanna learn this shit ever since I was 5 in 1995 and prove to my self my ADD is not going to prevent me form learning 

2 minutes ago, jamesm.92 said:

I really don't know where this falls under I wanna learn to fix computers so I looked It up kinda stuck coz if what am looking for is  computer technician  my mom says its programming and I suck at math  well Math is a fundamental activity  in computer programming. Binary math is at the core of how any computer operates. Binary is used to represent each number in the computer. Reading and simple mathematical operations with binary is critical for low-level programming of hardware. then I looked up Do I need to be good in math to be a computer repair. it said No. Math is my worst subject and I’ve been able to do pretty well in “the trade” despite that fact, praise God, but I won’t say that having a good mathematical understanding or knowledge wouldn’t be helpful, depending on the specific area, such as programming am so lost coz I wanna learn this shit ever since I was 5 in 1995 and prove to my self my ADD is not going to prevent me form learning 

Do you want to fix computers in a hardware level or just software?

Also the whole thing does not make sense.Correct me if I am wrong but if computer fixing  has nothing really to do with programming if you just have the average little store that people bring their pc's when they dont work. Also programming doesn't mean that you should be absolutely good at math, but you have to be kinda decent.

@ManosMax13 repair learn what to do in a BSOD a technician of sorts  I don't know if its a course or I should like go to collage for a bachelors 

2 minutes ago, jamesm.92 said:

@ManosMax13 repair learn what to do in a BSOD a technician of sorts  I don't know if its a course or I should like go to collage for a bachelors 

The BSOD can mean a lot of things, that might be both hardware and software. What class of school are you in right now?

I think what you're looking for is a level 1 IT position, also known as help desk technician. You'd do hardware fixes and basic things like when a user reports having an issue in say, their email client rejecting to send emails, you'd respond to that. Whether over the phone or going to their office/cubicle to rectify the issue.

A lot of companies will take in people who have a slightly higher than average knowledge of computers and train them to do the job. Some places flat out pay for you to go to school, others train you on the job. Usually these companies will specify that in the job listing.

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

The BSOD can mean a lot of things, that might be both hardware and software. What class of school are you in right now?

am actually a photographer I am a normie  who knows the very basic from school tech has always interested me tho that's why am asking coz I wanna learn what to do beyond ram upgrades and building my first pc 

5 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I think what you're looking for is a level 1 IT position, also known as help desk technician. You'd do hardware fixes and basic things like when a user reports having an issue in say, their email client rejecting to send emails, you'd respond to that. Whether over the phone or going to their office/cubicle to rectify the issue.

A lot of companies near me will take in people who have a slightly higher than average knowledge of computers and train them to do the job. Some places flat out pay for you to go to school, others train you on the job. Usually these companies will specify that in the job listing.

interesting but don't I need a tile in computer anything 

keep In mind am a photographer I know how to use a computer the parts in them thanks to linuses @TempestCatto vids 

1 minute ago, jamesm.92 said:

keep In mind am a photographer I know how to use a computer the parts in them thanks to linuses @TempestCatto vids 

There are many different IT positions you can see which you want and the requirements for it.

I see that math isn't important as I was fearing  I do know stuff thaks to linus I don't know where to learn  this guy 

Feisel Osman form another  form  dropped out said am  Computer technician, I am really bad at maths, I just dropped out of university 2 years ago to become a technician, Altough am bad at maths am really good at my job, It has got nothing to do with maths, Infact maths has got nothing to do with some maths related things got me curious  if theres like a course or class I can take to help people with data recovery fix a pc and learn what bios is repair a BSOD too @ManosMax13 and if @TempestCatto right where are this IT you speak off 

1 hour ago, jamesm.92 said:

I see that math isn't important as I was fearing  I do know stuff thaks to linus I don't know where to learn  this guy 

Feisel Osman form another  form  dropped out said am  Computer technician, I am really bad at maths, I just dropped out of university 2 years ago to become a technician, Altough am bad at maths am really good at my job, It has got nothing to do with maths, Infact maths has got nothing to do with some maths related things got me curious  if theres like a course or class I can take to help people with data recovery fix a pc and learn what bios is repair a BSOD too @ManosMax13 and if @TempestCatto right where are this IT you speak off 

What country are you in? Judging by your English you're not in the US, in which case I don't know how much is different in your country. However I would assume it's mostly the same. When I was searching for a job in IT, I went to some very well known online job boards and searched through the listings near me. They posted what kind of position it was. For example, a level 1 tech or help desk tech. They explain what the job requires, your daily duties, what they expect of you, etc. The biggest thing you'll ever need is the ability to work with stubborn and uninformed people. The most maths you'd run into are nothing a simply calculator can't handle. 

If you're looking to take some classes, your local university likely has a load of them, you'd want to look at their course list. That said, however, some will make you take general education courses (like maths, language, history, science, etc) before you can take those computer related courses. Online courses may be another option.

If I understood you correctly, you were afraid that you might need some sophisticated maths skills to become an IT technician.

I don't think you will need a lot of knowledge in that field as a technician (although it wouldn't hurt), but you will definitely be confronted with a much higher dose of maths if you want to study computer science at a university.

you can get a ton of different certs online the only problem is when you go to take the test itself it costs money some as much as 2k and up! but on the bright side you can get study mats free online so theres that.but if your just gonna be like a mom and pops computer shop math not needed really and if it is use a calc. lol

You don't need any programming background to do level 1 IT work. Most work in large business for level 1 tend to be :

- Installing new computer

- Replacing defect part (usually mouse/keyboard)

- Printer... lots of printer issues. 50% of my IT level time are replacing toners of the hundreds printer or fixing paper jams

- cleaning up computers

- helping out word/excel/powerpoint/outlook/gmail.

- restoring from backups

I got some people with basic computer knowledge as level 1 IT and they learned over time the more complex things.

We hired few highschool students in the past as interns to help out during summer to cover vacation and they did most of the job except the software basic support and file recovery.