AutoCAD PC

I’m looking to build a computer that is capable of running AutoCAD.  But on the cheaper end (under $1,000). I know you are laughing about now but anyhow!! At my job I don’t use CAD a lot, but enough to know the my current laptop (HP ZBook) is not at all sufficient.  It’s aggrivating the crap out of me obviously!  I’ve been asked what I need for my job or what would make my job easier.   Now I have built only one PC before so I’m not that experienced when it comes to all the specs and stuff that goes with it. Like what type of CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, etc.  I do need windows 10 pro I know that!  Now as far as intel or amd, I am an intel fan but I’m flexible if it’s would be cheaper to go with amd.  I have 2 displays and possibly will be getting a 3rd and maybe a 4th.  What’s your thoughts on this?! 

first gen Ryzen 5 1600 for like $80 at Microcenter, 16GB of RAM, build PC around that then try for a Quadro if you can if not any decent high VRAM (8GB+) GPU (this is for the rotating around in 3D) will work well. butter smooth and way faster then any i7 laptop I've ever run it on.

Most of AutoCAD is single threaded so it does better with higher frequency cpu rather than ones with more cores.

If you do not do any 3D work in AutoCAD then the iGPU of an i5 would be fine. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($224.99 @ Walmart) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U12S 55 CFM CPU Cooler  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($69.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($57.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.99 @ Other World Computing) 
Total: $890.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-19 18:29 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Oh wow! Thanks guys! This helps me out a bunch!  Any more ideas are welcome obviously...

I have also heard that AutoCAD prefers the single core performance. Here's another Intel build idea. Very easy in your budget, since a gaming GPU isn't a focus:

This 9700K does have great single core performance, and lots of Hyperthreaded cores as well. If you were interested in hitting the top of your 1000 budget, you could also upgrade to something like this in place of the CPU/MOBO. It would be quite elite on the Intel processing front!: