Which pads are better for Meze 99 neo?

ManosMax13

I want to buy some replacement earpads for my Meze 99 neo because my ears touch the driver. I am leaning towards hybrid (pleather-velour) or just velour what do you recommend? 

to preserve the original sound and seal getting something pleather or straight up leather is better velour will change the sound signature than just getting straight up leather. look at brands like dekoni and brainwavz

my experience with pleather is that they sometimes peel over time. I don't think i've ever had velour ear pads. Sounds luxurious but maybe would make my ears hot

9 minutes ago, rice guru said:

to preserve the original sound and seal getting something pleather or straight up leather is better velour will change the sound signature than just getting straight up leather. look at brands like dekoni and brainwavz

When you say seal do you mean the leak of sound to the environment around me?

9 minutes ago, Derrk said:

my experience with pleather is that they sometimes peel over time. I don't think i've ever had velour ear pads. Sounds luxurious but maybe would make my ears hot

Velour are said to make your ears sweat less than pleather does.

10 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

When you say seal do you mean the leak of sound to the environment around me?

velour tend to mess with the seal because yes they will leak sound more but they will also absorb sounnd more. think of pads like walls for sound to help it get directed to your ears. because [pleather/leather are solid they will just reflect the sound like the originals where the the velours will absorbs some sound. you might like the change in sound signature you might not. but if you want to stay as close to the original sound signature as possible stay with the pleather. 

5 hours ago, Derrk said:

Cloud is great I don't leather or pleather actually makes my ears hotter but that's just me velour feels more breathable . But can alter the sound of headphones if they don't originally use velour

6 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Velour are said to make your ears sweat less than pleather does.

57 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Cloud is great I don't leather or pleather actually makes my ears hotter but that's just me velour feels more breathable . But can alter the sound of headphones if they don't originally use velour

had no idea, never tried velour, but now i'm tempted to ?

1 minute ago, Derrk said:

had no idea, never tried velour, but now i'm tempted to ?

both my main cans use velour I love the material. but i also love some good cushy leaher pleather pads

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

both my main cans use velour I love the material. but i also love some good cushy leaher pleather pads

had an old pair of bose headphones with pleather that peeled very quickly. I have a newer pair of bose qc35 II's which i believe is pleather but they're holding up nicely. If they start to peel, i'll definitely look into velour replacements

10 minutes ago, Derrk said:

had an old pair of bose headphones with pleather that peeled very quickly. I have a newer pair of bose qc35 II's which i believe is pleather but they're holding up nicely. If they start to peel, i'll definitely look into velour replacements

Velour also has significantly less sound isolation, which makes them a bad idea for noise-cancellers.

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

All pad changes tend to have fairly significant effects on sound, with material changes causing larger differences. Pad changes should never be taken lightly, even when switching velour to velour or pleather to pleather.