Motherboard for this Xeon

Melonlink

So I got a Xeon E5 2696 v4, and surprisingly there's almost no info about it. Hell - it doesn't even have a product page on Intel's site. I have been wanting to build a PC with this for a while now, but just hadn't gotten up to it until now. I'm really confused because apparently I'm supposed to use an X99 board, but this guy fried the same exact processor with an X99 motherboard (might be because he bought it open box but I don't know).

Okay - I'll just dump all the information I know here so you will hopefully have a definitive answer.

So assuming I actually do need an X99 board - I've had my eye on this Gigabyte X99 motherboard mainly because It's the cheapest X99 option where I live and apparently Gigabyte has this feature on some of their motherboards called Q-Flash Plus, which lets you update the BIOS without a CPU or RAM installed.

I have also heard that this version of the processor - E5 2696 V4, is the exact same thing as the consumer grade one(E5 2699 V4) but OEM, and in addition to that, the CPU support list for this motherboard has the consumer grade version(E5 2699 V4) listed there, but doesn't have the OEM version. I'm assuming it might be because it is OEM, and they might not have all the OEM versions of CPUs listed because that would literally make the list twice as long.

I know that I know about zero percent of the information I should know to be able to handle this thing but hey - the CPU was free, so I might as well use it.

Advice highly appreciated. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, campy said:

It's for C612, every post I'm reading about it is people using it on an Asus Z10PE-D8 motherboard

The Supermicro X10SRA-F-O seems to be the go-to for single CPU solutions with that processor 

Yeah I have also seen some videos and stuff of people using that motherboard but there also seem to be quite a few of them who use X99s.