Looking for a New Laptop to Replace both of My Computers

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for a laptop to replace my current laptop and desktop. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330s 15.6" with a Core i5-8250u, 8 GB RAM, and HD 620 Graphics; I also have an AsRock DeskMini with a Core i3-8100, 16 GB RAM, and an integrated GPU. I'm ideally looking for something with a ThunderBolt 3 port so I can get an eGPU to use as a desktop replacement. I use my laptop at work, typically with web-based content and light Premiere video editing. My desktop is mostly for web surfing, but I would like to get back into gaming.

What I am really looking for is something light and portable, probably with a 13" display, Core i5 8th gen, Thunderbolt 3 port, and 6+ battery life. My budget is $750 and I am located in the US. I will consider Used, but prefer something new.

Thanks for the help!

Portable Setup: Steam Deck LCD 64 GB | 1 TB SP UD90 (SteamOS) | YYSSTDK M.2 Dock | 512 GB SK Hynix NVMe SSD (Windows 11 Home) | Arzopa 15.6" Portable Monitor

Laptop: ASUS Chromebook CX1 C1700 | Intel Celeron N4500 | 4 GB RAM | 17.3" 1080p Display

Nanote P8 | Intel Pentium N4200 | 8 GB RAM | 64 GB eMMc | Windows 11 Pro | 7" 1200p Display

Phone: iPhone 14 Pro - 128 GB Gold

Other: XBOX 360 E | Canon EOS 5DSr | DJI Mavic Air 2 | DJI Mavic Mini 3 Pro | FAA Licensed UAS Pilot

Desktop replacement laptops and sub 1000usd msrp do not go well together. The cheapest laptops from major brands with tb3 that i can think of is xps 13 or ideapad 730s, both of which may cost over $800.

I was able to find 730s on ebay from us seller for just over $800 ($815 iirc) and refurbished previous gen xps 13 qhd for sub $800 on newegg. You might want to look into specifications, particularly how many pcie lanes are allocated to thunderbolt as that might affect egpu performance.

If I were in your position, I'd consider selling both lenovo laptop and asrock desktop and going for thin and light notebook with decent gpu (2060 or higher) that way you get the best of both worlds.