Xonar DX sound card problem

Chinmay8763

Please somebody tell me how to connect Gaming headphone (MSI GH-60) to the sound card properly??I am having the Xonar DX sound card
Because when I am connecting it to the sound card audio is not coming but microphone is working,as far my knowledge I have done almost all the troubleshooting process that I have.

I am connecting the headphone to the sound card as per the given user manual but still audio is not coming.

Please help anyone!!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Edited by Chinmay8763

Simply try a different jack for the headphones.

If that fails try installing the unified xonar drivers. They are 3rd party modified drivers that fix some of the issue present in Asus' lackluster and poorly supported drivers have.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

46 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Simply try a different jack for the headphones.

If that fails try installing the unified xonar drivers. They are 3rd party modified drivers that fix some of the issue present in Asus' lackluster and poorly supported drivers have.

Trying in another jack but still microphone is working but audio is not coming

So trying to install the unified xonar drivers,so please tell me which one should i select during installation??

3.JPG

Been a while since i installed my drivers, iirc the site has an explanation of what each installation is. I believe the Low latency variant removes some features to ensure low latency for gaming, not that it will make much of a difference mind you.

i 'think' i have the C-media Panel with GX enabled. With stereo upmix since i use a 5.1 system.

For your use case I suggest you read the guide on the original site.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Been a while since i installed my drivers, iirc the site has an explanation of what each installation is. I believe the Low latency variant removes some features to ensure low latency for gaming, not that it will make much of a difference mind you.

i 'think' i have the C-media Panel with GX enabled. With stereo upmix since i use a 5.1 system.

For your use case I suggest you read the guide on the original site.

I installed the xonar unified drivers and connected the headphone to the jacks but still the problem exists.

The headphone mic is properly working but there is no audio coming to headphone.

Please tell me  the xonar audio settings so i will check it.

4.JPG

OK simple checks 1st.

Make sure you have sound to begin with. Plug ur speakers in and see if ur getting an output.

if you do, then plug the headphones in their place, if they dont work i'd sugest plugging them into another device like a Mp3 player or something to ensure they actually work.

Also make sure the volume controller on the headphone set is set 100% not 0% by accident.

2 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

OK simple checks 1st.

Make sure you have sound to begin with. Plug ur speakers in and see if ur getting an output.

if you do, then plug the headphones in their place, if they dont work i'd sugest plugging them into another device like a Mp3 player or something to ensure they actually work.

Bro when i'm connecting the headphone with Logitec G510S keyboard which has inbuilt audio controller,i'm getting proper audio with mic,so there is no problem in headphone.Also headphone works properly with inbuilt realtek audio manager driver.

And i am having logitec Z906 surround sound speaker system & i am connecting through SPDIF(Optical cable),the speaker delivers excellent audio with this Xonar DX audio card.

My concern is this card is working fine with speakers but why not working for headphones??