Cyberpunk's creator slams critics who claim Cyberpunk 2077 is racist / inaccurate to the source, refutes their claims

Delicieuxz
Message added by Morgan MLGman

Please try to be civil and don't go too far into politics, or it will result in the thread being locked

5 hours ago, Commodus said:

nothing more than YouTube rants and thinly veiled ads

Define: IGN, Gamespot and Rock Paper Diarrhea  -YouTube

Please good sir, explain the importance of games Journalism in modern society.

Bolivia.

27 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

This reply is still a step up from people who are now trying to say that fascism is a left wing ideology and that Nazis were left wing. 

This is an artifact of the difference between the European right wing and the US right wing. American conservatives are coming from a stance of classical liberalism. Locke, Burke, etc... From that perspective, the Nazis very much were left wing, with the only real difference to the communists being the flavor of authoritarianism one got. The European right wing political sphere however is descended from monarchy and oligarchy. From that perspective, the Nazi system was much closer to the right wing ideal. It's also a prime example of why single axis political quantification is fucking moronic.

I would love if someone used their own Rebuttal against them of "if you don't like the representation of your sexuality or race, go make your own game studio" 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

37 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

This is an artifact of the difference between the European right wing and the US right wing. American conservatives are coming from a stance of classical liberalism. Locke, Burke, etc... From that perspective, the Nazis very much were left wing, with the only real difference to the communists being the flavor of authoritarianism one got. The European right wing political sphere however is descended from monarchy and oligarchy. From that perspective, the Nazi system was much closer to the right wing ideal. It's also a prime example of why single axis political quantification is fucking moronic.

American conservatives are not classical liberals (this is also a right wing ideology). Words do not speak louder than actions. The only shrinkage of govt we see when they're in power is in areas that help the billionaire class (regulation and taxes). American conservatives have no issues expanding the govt when it comes to military spending and intervention, legislation of social issues or oppression of racial, religious and sexual minorities.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

12 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

American conservatives are not classical liberals (this is also a right wing ideology). Words do not speak louder than actions. The only shrinkage of govt we see when they're in power is in areas that help the billionaire class (regulation and taxes). American conservatives have no issues expanding the govt when it comes to military spending and intervention, legislation of social issues or oppression of racial, religious and sexual minorities.

There is so much here that I can argue against.

Suffice to say that American "liberals" are equally as totalitarian, racist, and sexist.

Example: Going after a bakery for standing by their religion and not wanting to be a part of a gay wedding. That's religious intolerance. Were it any religion other than Christianity, nothing would have happened. Thankfully SCOTUS actually sees things for what they are.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

10 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Political ideologies in practice are virtually never what is preached. This is especially true in a system such as the US in which super-majorities are effectively a mandatory prerequisite to cut anything significant.

8 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

There is so much here that I can argue against.

Suffice to say that American "liberals" are equally as totalitarian, racist, and sexist.

Example: Going after a bakery for standing by their religion and not wanting to be a part of a gay wedding. That's religious intolerance. Were it any religion other than Christianity, nothing would have happened. Thankfully SCOTUS actually sees things for what they are.

Muh both sides

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Muh both sides

I can agree to that.

But I will still point out that the left holds greater power right now because they've taken over most of our media companies as well as large swaths of the "educational" sector.

I tend to focus my criticism on who is more in power and who is the larger current threat.

1 hour ago, ravenshrike said:

This is an artifact of the difference between the European right wing and the US right wing. American conservatives are coming from a stance of classical liberalism. Locke, Burke, etc...

American conservatism is a very broad movement and I wouldn't say that the classically liberal strain (think George Will or Rand Paul) is the dominant coalition in either conservative or Republican politics at the moment. And that's about as far as I really care to talk about politics, this sentence just kind of grated on me.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

10 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Political ideologies in practice are virtually never what is preached. This is especially true in a system such as the US in which super-majorities are effectively a mandatory prerequisite to cut anything significant.

They had a supermajority from 2017 to the beginning of 2019, and no shrinkage happened except the ones I mentioned earlier. You can even look at the state level of that doesn't convince you. There is nothing individualistic about American conservatives.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I can agree to that.

But I will still point out that the left holds greater power right now because they've taken over most of our media companies as well as large swaths of the "educational" sector.

I tend to focus my criticism on who is more in power and who is the larger current threat.

MFW people think corporatist media is left wing. Go watch David Pakman's interview with Joe Rogan.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

They had a supermajority from 2017 to the beginning of 2019, and no shrinkage happened except the ones I mentioned earlier. You can even look at the state level of that doesn't convince you. There is nothing individualistic about American conservatives.

It's almost as if those who stand to enrich themselves under the guise of a moral high ground, will NEVER pass up the opportunity to do so.

Be it a gain in social standing, financial rewards, power, etc.

9 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

? When exactly have there been 60+ senators, let alone politically reliable ones? I didn't say majorities in both houses, I said a supermajority, and to be more specific, a supermajority in the Senate.

23 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

? When exactly have there been 60+ senators, let alone politically reliable ones? I didn't say majorities in both houses, I said a supermajority, and to be more specific, a supermajority in the Senate.

They were able to get everything they wanted in the last 2 years. What "classical liberal" policies did they want to pass but couldn't? Lol, it's so hilarious to me that you've chosen a hill with no supporting evidence to die on. What about the state level?

We need more developers to call out this Woke political crap the games journalists are pulling. Just because you got a blue checkmark on Twitter and a barely above starvation wage at Kotaku doesn't mean you get to dictate what someone else gets to make or play!

This just endears me to CD Projekt Red even more. 

Turning Thor into a woman VS Developing Lady Sif

They didn't even do that. They just took his love interest, Jane Foster, gave her his powers, and then for some reason I will never understand She took his name. His birth name. The name she probably screamed out while they were F@#%$#%. I'd rather they actually turned Thor into a woman, it would have been less dumb. 

Attempting to inject politics into video games does not work. BF5 was literally exhibit A. I am glad the Cyberpunk Team has stuck to their guns on this. Outrage culture is completely toxic in all facets.

3 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Attempting to inject politics into video games does not work. BF5 was literally exhibit A. I am glad the Cyberpunk Team has stuck to their guns on this. Outrage culture is completely toxic in all facets.

Hate to tell you, but...

5 hours ago, Nowak said:
  • Fallout: Delivers a warning message about nuclear war, tensions between nations, capitalism and nuclear power in general
  • Bioshock: Literally criticism of libertarianism
  • Bioshock Infinite: Literally criticism of American exceptionalism
  • Metal Gear: Nation-states abuse soldiers, soldiers are being dehumanized and reduced to mere fighting machines, war leads to suffering not just for soldiers but civilians caught in the crossfire, America is a warmongering nation, the Cold War was a tough time not just for Americans but Soviets as well, so on and so forth...
  • Final Fantasy VII: You start out in an eco-terrorist organization, a corporate president is the big bad for the first ~8 hours of the game, the game contains heavy messages about environmentalism and anti-capitalism throughout the entire adventure, corporations hold more power over the people than politicians...
  • Final Fantasy XII: Anti-imperialism is a central theme of the game
  • Grand Theft Auto: Heavily satirizes American life and politics, V in particular features three protagonists who turn to a life of crime because they were fucked over by the American government for a variety of reasons
  • Stardew Valley: Straight-up criticism of capitalism
  • Mother 3: Also contains anti-capitalist messaging
  • Doom: Corporations would literally exploit Hell if it meant making more of a profit. Eternal expands this to "corporations don't understand the causes they support".
  • LA Noire: America's police force is corrupt as hell and we'll demonstrate this to you by pairing you with the worst the Los Angeles Police Department has to offer
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance: A power struggle in the historic Kingdom of Bohemia is a central plot point of the game

Games are, in fact, a political medium. This is just a small sampling of games that have political messages in them. Politics aren't just about identities, after all.

13 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Imagine if we could have a game without political stances, correctness and all other things.

Bringing in politics here: It's art. It's an artist (or group of artists). LEAVE IT ALONE! If you don't like it, move on. There's a reason if there's racism in the game, if there is any (and I don't see why there wouldn't be), and the artists own the ability to add that for their narrative. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

Hate to tell you, but...

Games are, in fact, a political medium. This is just a small sampling of games that have political messages in them.

My point was DICE tried to rewrite history with BF5 and then called their audience 'uneducated' after the overwhelming majority was against it. There is a reason why BF5 is the worst selling Battlefield title. There is a difference between a game being set in a certain political setting and forcing identity politics down the consumers throat.

Just now, ThePD said:

My point was DICE tried to rewrite history with BF5 and then called their audience 'uneducated' after the overwhelming majority was against it. There is a reason why BF5 is the worst selling Battlefield title. There is a difference between a game being set in a certain political setting and forcing identity politics down the consumers throat.

Yeah but every gamer points that to that when talking about "politics in muh vidya" while completely ignoring actual political messages and themes in games. I guess it's fine so long as it doesn't deal with identities other than White Straight Man.

By the way, did you know that absolutely no customization options in Cyberpunk 2077 are gender-locked, allowing you to create trans and non-binary characters? Guess that makes it political and therefore bad now huh?

24 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Yeah but every gamer points that to that when talking about "politics in muh vidya" while completely ignoring actual political messages and themes in games. I guess it's fine so long as it doesn't deal with identities other than White Straight Man.

By the way, did you know that absolutely no customization options in Cyberpunk 2077 are gender-locked, allowing you to create trans and non-binary characters? Guess that makes it political and therefore bad now huh?

These people don't know that the status quo is also identity politics. It just happens to be their identity so they don't see it as that.

31 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Attempting to inject real world politics into video games does not work

Fixed that for you. It's already been mentioned, but there are games that do fictional politics pretty well, mostly because they were made from the ground up for that. The narrative has been set up for political hyperbole, and the political aspect is either subdued or satirical.

Though, they completely miss the mark on one game, and another game is self defeating if their claim is accurate.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

They were able to get everything they wanted in the last 2 years. What "classical liberal" policies did they want to pass but couldn't? Lol, it's so hilarious to me that you've chosen a hill with no supporting evidence to die on. What about the state level?

Given that my post explicitly stated that in order to make significant cuts they would need a supermajority I would think it rather obvious. In order to reduce spending the supermajority must be there or any major cuts get permanently filibustered. Course, if the changes to the filibuster made by the Democrats in the 70s were reversed that would cease to be an issue.