Cyberpunk's creator slams critics who claim Cyberpunk 2077 is racist / inaccurate to the source, refutes their claims

Delicieuxz
Message added by Morgan MLGman

Please try to be civil and don't go too far into politics, or it will result in the thread being locked

46 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

That's great and all, don't really care much since people complaining about politically correct is quite mainstream and the best thing you can do about it is ignore it, what I do want to know is: Will they address this?

Always take Google's scraped info with a grain of salt, it's not always accurate. Always check the source they link to.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

With that said the criticism by RPS seems a little excessive to me - it's perfectly possible there are some unhealthy tropes in the game but it doesn't seem to be any worse than countless other games in this respect. Perhaps it should have been framed more as a missed opportunity than intentional racism.

I agree, what's also worth keeping in mind is that it's not certain that removing those "unhealthy tropes" would actually be a good thing for anyone, however the author of this CP2077 critique assumes as a fact, that changing the game accordingly to his political world-views would be best for everyone. Quite a self-centered person IMO ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

37 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Who said they don't play games? I'd assume a journalist working for a game news website would have to play a bunch of games even just for professional reasons...

It's been shown many times they played it for few minutes because they had to and then made a 5 page hit piece on it. Or they played it with obvious bias or grudge from the get go.

It's best to ignore those type of people who has nothing better to do, than to get offended and anything and everything. If they can find a way to get offend by the color of the clothes we wear, or the color of our houses we live in, they will. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Cyberpunk got accused of some ridiculous claims by stupid journalists and SJWs

Me to them journalists and SJWs

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

Is the journalist making baseless accusations? Yes. Does the journalist have a clear agenda of demonizing CDPR? Yes. HOWEVER, for OP to repeatedly use slurs to describe the journalist, and to throw out they fact he has his pronouns in his twiter bio like its a crime is disgusting of a similar magnitude. @Delicieuxz, what the hell is wrong with you? Listen, I agree whole heartedly that this is bullshit, but you clearly have some personal problems you need to work out. Take this negativity elsewhere. I come here for news, not to hear the war cries of someone who can't show another human an ounce of respect

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

26 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

It's been shown many times they played it for few minutes because they had to and then made a 5 page hit piece on it. Or they played it with obvious bias or grudge from the get go.

Citation needed? Even then, this article was about the trailer - the game isn't out yet.

25 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

If they can find a way to get offend by the color of the clothes we wear [...] they will. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b1d8217cc1705aace874f1a6acc04691.png

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

15 minutes ago, Me1z said:

Is the journalist making baseless accusations? Yes. Does the journalist have a clear agenda of demonizing CDPR? Yes. HOWEVER, for OP to repeatedly use slurs to describe the journalist, and to throw out they fact he has his pronouns in his twiter bio like its a crime is disgusting of a similar magnitude. @Delicieuxz, what the hell is wrong with you? Listen, I agree whole heartedly that this is bullshit, but you clearly have some personal problems you need to work out. Take your bigotry elsewhere. I come here for news, not to hear the war cries ofsomeone who can't show another human an ounce of respect

Huh? Other than mentioning they emphasize pronouns on their Twitter profile, which relates to what they're focused on in their RPS article, I have no idea what you're talking about.

What in the OP did you perceive to be a slur or bigotry?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Just now, Delicieuxz said:

Huh? Other than mentioning they emphasize pronouns on their Twitter profile, which underscores what they're focused on, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Calling people "tr*nsvestites" is a no go, and irrelevant. Bad journalist is a bad journalist, nuff said, don't make it personal.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

13 minutes ago, Me1z said:

Is the journalist making baseless accusations? Yes. Does the journalist have a clear agenda of demonizing CDPR? Yes. HOWEVER, for OP to repeatedly use slurs to describe the journalist, and to throw out they fact he has his pronouns in his twiter bio like its a crime is disgusting of a similar magnitude. @Delicieuxz, what the hell is wrong with you? Listen, I agree whole heartedly that this is bullshit, but you clearly have some personal problems you need to work out. Take this negativity elsewhere. I come here for news, not to hear the war cries of someone who can't show another human an ounce of respect

Well, it is a fact that around 99% of people in the world do not need to emphasize their gender pronouns on their profiles because their gender expression makes it clear on which ones to use. You don't think when using pronouns because they're an essential part of your speech. If this isn't a common occurence, I personally don't find anything offensive in mentioning that fact.

It certainly isn't bigotry (you called it bigotry in your original post). If it were, it would have already been removed as this forum is no place for this kind of behavior.

Also, one thing from me: IMO this has nothing to do with having respect for that person or not, what's the point of respect if you respect everyone randomly? Clearly some people are worth respecting and others are not.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

What in the OP did you perceive to be a slur or bigotry?

They're referring to transvestite.

Which in of itself isn't a slur, but can be used as such.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Me1z said:

Calling people "tr*nsvestites" is a no go, and irrelevant. Bad journalist is a bad journalist, nuff said, don't make it personal.

I was using that word because I thought it was accurate. Not as a slur.

Though, I confused the word transvestite with transgender. I don't see "transvestite" as a slur, though. I've now replaced it with transgender.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

also noticed that the Rock Paper Shotgun article's author takes aim at Cyberpunk 2077's presentation of "transhumans" and black people as allegedly being "unimaginative stereotypes", but then also takes aim at the game's presentation for the opposite, alleging the "clumsy and inauthentic presentation of a Latino character"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Citation needed? Even then, this article was about the trailer - the game isn't out yet.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.b1d8217cc1705aace874f1a6acc04691.png

I kinda rest my case then? They make these outrage clickbait "articles" about all the wrongs in the game based on a fucking cinematic trailer...

10 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Well, it is a fact that around 99% of people in the world do not need to emphasize their gender pronouns on their profiles because their gender expression makes it clear on which ones to use. You don't think when using pronouns because they're an essential part of your speech. If this isn't a common occurence, I personally don't find anything offensive in mentioning that fact.

It certainly isn't bigotry (you called it bigotry in your original post). If it were, it would have already been removed as this forum is no place for this kind of behavior.

Also, one thing from me: IMO this has nothing to do with having respect for that person or not, what's the point of respect if you respect everyone randomly? Clearly some people are worth respecting and others are not.

Yes, I edited it, because I'm not trying to unnecessarily escalate or politicize. I'm not saying you have to like the journalist or pretend that is article is deserving of respect (because its not), but the way the original post describes the journalist is rather inflammatory at best AND completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. 

edit- op edited post

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

CPU
               WD Green 2TB

Motherfuckers. Those political correctness retards really need to shut the fuck up. To all of you out there: Fuck you! :)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Me1z said:

Yes, I edited it, because I'm not trying to unnecessarily escalate or politicize. I'm not saying you have to like the journalist or pretend that is article is deserving of respect (because its not), but the way the original post describes the journalist is rather inflammatory at best AND completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. 

I see. Well, I genuinely don't see the OP humiliating or denouncing the journalist in any other way than merithorical (in this case about the merit of his article)...

I think people are a bit over-sensitive these days. Imagine a situation like this:
A graphics designer comes up with designs and ideas for different in-game characters, he thinks they're genuinely awesome, so he goes to his superior to show his ideas for characters from different parts of the game, the superior says they look cool, great and fit the background of the game so they decide to implement them.

Later the game gets teased in the form of a trailer at E3 and some random journalist (despite MANY others that reviewed the same demo) writes a piece with words like "racist" in it because he didn't like how some of the characters were portrayed. Fine, you can dislike it but that doesn't make it racist.

I highly doubt the graphics designer at CDPR went "hey guys, let's silently put racist characters into our game! noone will definitely notice and we will freely spread our racist agenda" ;) It's just an artistic depiction that fits in the world of the game.

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

What you mean by this is "I like it more when games/games critics agree with me politically" - either that or you have an extremely superficial outlook on the art form and quite frankly you're missing out.

No, what I mean is "How about not making the same public outcry for yet another game (or media in general) or underpresentation, especially based on a 40 min gameplay." But thank you for putting words in my mouth on the "I like it more when games/games critics agree with me politically". But I am not surprised since it's you, once again.

But just for you, I don't care if 5% or 95% of characters are LGBT, caucasian or a completely other race, any other racial or cultural subgroup or if they're animals. I don't care if US is the hero or the soviets are ruling the world. I care about the game and how well they make the gameplay, story, and develop characters who can declare themselves as an apache helicopter, a turtle or a gremlin. I don't care. I have a superficial outlook on this art? No, it's the people who make the same outcry on every single game because they can't identify with a character. And then if their beloved character turns out to be the new Jack the Reaper then they cry on social media how the subgroup is wrongly represented. They always cry for one thing or another. They are never happy. And you call that a good view on art? I admire the game as an art from different standpoints and don't undermine the art impact because I don't agree with developers views. It is people like you who decide to make it political and undermine the art part.

Even the artist says:

Who the (bleep) do YOU think you are to tell ME whether or not MY creation was done right or not.

Yet the same people would make the same outcry all over again because they have to be acknowledged. It's political because they made it.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

30 minutes ago, Me1z said:

Transvestite is not a slur, it can be used as one, as can any word. Please stop taking words our of lexicon because you don't like them.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

30 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I was using that word because I thought it was accurate. Not as a slur.

Though, I confused the word transvestite with transgender. I don't see "transvestite" as a slur, though. I've now replaced it with transgender.

They are the same word. Transvestite fell out of favor in the 80's or 90's, but they mean the exact same thing.

Put Transvestite back, it's the word you use and you shouldn't be censored by snowflakes

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

7 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

people are a bit over-sensitive these days

Never has a truer sentance been said, god help them if they where around in the xbox live days of 2010!

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

24 minutes ago, Me1z said:

edit- op edited post

OP did nothing wrong. Words without language are only disrespectful if you make them that way. There are multiple inflections you can put on a word that define its meaning.

As I said in my other reply to you. Stop appropriating the english language to fit your agenda.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Never has a truer sentance been said, god help them if they where around in the xbox live days of 2010!

Man those were the days! Certainly gave you some thick skin! 

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

They are the same word. Transvestite fell out of favor in the 80's or 90's, but they mean the exact same thing.

Put Transvestite back, it's the word you use and you shouldn't be censored by snowflakes

That's what I was thinking. However, I looked it up and it looks like "transvestite" refers to someone who wears the clothes of the opposite sex for pleasure, a cross-dresser, while "transgender" refers to someone who identifies themselves as the opposite sex to their biological sex.

I guess they sound similar, but that "transvestite" is specifically someone who wears the clothes of the opposite sex and not necessarily someone who identifies as the opposite sex.