Powerline effecting router bandwith

I have set up a powerline network using the TP-LINK AV1300 Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit which runs into a switch with a philips hue bridge and a ethernet cable to my computer. However since setting this up it has caused worse performance of my router (it now has a lower bandwith). Does anyone know why it will cause worse performance of my WiFi? And if there is a way to fix this?

34 minutes ago, AdamHewlett said:

I have set up a powerline network using the TP-LINK AV1300 Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit which runs into a switch with a philips hue bridge and a ethernet cable to my computer. However since setting this up it has caused worse performance of my router (it now has a lower bandwith). Does anyone know why it will cause worse performance of my WiFi? And if there is a way to fix this?

Have you actually tested that the bandwidth goes back to what it was, if you disconnect the powerline-kit?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I have done ookla speed tests and since being plugged in the performance has rapidly dropped and some devices are dropping out often. Is it perhaps something to do with interferance of some kind between the mains cables in the house and the router?