Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all!

I have a question for all the people that are much smarter than me - if you have any knowledge that would be much appreciated!

I have just ordered a new camera, and would like to start some amateur videography. I have a RODE NT-USB Microphone (which is significantly better than the built-in mic) which I would like to hook up with the new camera, however the camera has an audio-in 3.5mm jack, and my microphone I want to use has a USB plug.

Can I buy a cheap & easy "USB to 3.5 Audio Jack" adaptor thingy and that'll work? Or will I need another microphone?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

- Lucas.

P.S Sorry in advance if this subject is in the wrong area on the forum, this is a first time using this site haha!

I don't know whether your camera supports mic input through USB but USB is a digital signal while 3.5 is analogue, there's no easy way I'm aware of to go from that mic to 3.5. The Rode Videomic probably would have been a better choice.

Sloth's the name, audio gear is the game

On 6/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, The Flying Sloth said:

I don't know whether your camera supports mic input through USB but USB is a digital signal while 3.5 is analogue, there's no easy way I'm aware of to go from that mic to 3.5. The Rode Videomic probably would have been a better choice.

I second this. 

There's no camera I know of that supports USB audio. What camera did you order?