Need ethernet connection, but gateway in basement

A Random Human
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
18 minutes ago, A Random Human said:

There would be a couple of spots where the cable would have to go away from the walls and could cause people to trip. I don't think that is a viable option.

Well do the upper corner, where the wall meets the ceiling.

When you need to cross to the other side of a hall you can run it accross the top of a doorway.

If you put some effort into it you can run an ethernet cable that's almost invisible without needing any holes.

Hello random people,

I am by no means an expert on networking, but I have been getting a lot of issues with my connection since I had to switch to a wireless connection because I had to move my setup to a different location. On the old ethernet connection, everything was fine, but the wireless connection is giving me some problems, specifically with the latency (obviously). The only ports I have in my location are the standard power ports, and I can't simply move the router to my new location because my household uses cable TV, and that requires a coax cable and port, which is not in my location. Powerline adapters don't appear to be a good option because the household I am in is rather old and the wiring probably can't handle the connection (Again, not an expert, prove me wrong if necessary). I have been thinking about a second router, but most solutions involve connecting an ethernet port between both routers, and I don't plan on drilling holes in the house for a couple of wires. The goal for all of this is to have the existing gateway still be a gateway while also allowing my PC, on a separate floor, to have an ethernet connection.

Any thoughts?

Just run a long white ethernet cable along the corner of your walls.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Just run a long white ethernet cable along the corner of your walls.

There would be a couple of spots where the cable would have to go away from the walls and could cause people to trip. I don't think that is a viable option.

18 minutes ago, A Random Human said:

When you need to cross to the other side of a hall you can run it accross the top of a doorway.

If you put some effort into it you can run an ethernet cable that's almost invisible without needing any holes.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Alright then, I see where you're going with this. I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks again.