Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zakusa3xza

Few questions

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi I have a few questions. I’m about to buy a 1440p 144hz gaming and work monitor but I’m stuck on which one to get. I’m thinking of getting the monitor below because it also has 1ms response.anyways I’m trying to get the best monitor below 365$ which is 27 inches. Money isn’t an issue as long as it’s below 365$. Quality and performance is the biggest concern. Also I have heard some people say get 1440p 144hz over 4K 60hz montor but I didn’t hear anyone mention the 4K setting in Nvidia. I’m able to use 4K settings on my 1080p 60hz monitor and it looks great. Anyways this monitor is going to my brother and I have choices for new monitor. But did you guys ever use 4K settings in game on a 1440p monitor. How does it look?

https://www.amazon.com/B27QGM-Esports-FreeSync-Adjustable-2560x1440/dp/B07HY8XGRB/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=1440p+144hz+1ms&qid=1560897047&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Where are you buying from?

Yes I have used 4k settings in game on a 1440 display, sure it looks a *little* more crisp, but the performance loss is painful. (for my hardware at least)

If you're buying from the US, I'd get one of these

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MXQG3C/dell-s2719dgf-270-2560x1440-155-hz-monitor-s2719dgf

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Ya I know performance in some games will be bad but I have rtx 2080 so it can handle 4K at nearly max settings

1 minute ago, Zakusa3xza said:

Ya I know performance in some games will be bad but I have rtx 2080 so it can handle 4K at nearly max settings

Still will be hard to run, almost a waste of a 144hz display.

btw just make sure to quote people so we know you respond ;) 

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Anyways my max limit on monitor is 360$. Out of all monitors do you think I should go with a 299$. I want best quality and performance.

10 minutes ago, Zakusa3xza said:

Anyways my max limit on monitor is 360$. Out of all monitors do you think I should go with a 299$. I want best quality and performance.

Well it kinda depends

How important is 1ms response? You probably won't notice it unless you're an ultra competitive gamer.

Otherwise:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qnqhP6/samsung-lc27jg50qqnza-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-lc27jg50qqnza

This has a VA panel and 144hz, 4ms response time. I personally can't even tell the difference in response times.

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a