Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ManosMax13

Im bored and I dont know what to do...

2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I dont  have a backyard and I want to do a lot of stuff but I want some company to make the experience better.

Well I understand the feeling, I'm currently living in a country that's not my own. Working a slaving job and living in a routine with very few friends. But for me is the oposite I hardly have time to play games, and the people I used to play with can't play with me cuz our schedules don't match I wish I could go back to that golden age where me and my friends would stay up messing around online. 

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Tjdraxus said:

Well I understand the feeling, I'm currently living in a country that's not my own. Working a slaving job and living in a routine with very few friends. But for me is the oposite I hardly have time to play games, and the people I used to play with can't play with me cuz our schedules don't match I wish I could go back to that golden age where me and my friends would stay up messing around online. 

Everything needs balance you would not enjoy playing for 18hours and you would not enjoy working for 18 hours straight.

2 hours ago, Reytime said:

If you really feel you can't do anything with your free time, learn a skill, develop a great interest for something, this way you're preparing for a bright future.

Put in the hard work now, enjoy the fruits of life later ?

I dont want develop something currently i already have a lot of stuff. The only thing I want are some friends that want to do the same things as me.

4 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Everything needs balance you would not enjoy playing for 18hours and you would not enjoy working for 18 hours straight.

Wait a few years and you'll see. But if all you want is more friends organize a lan party. 

Just now, Tjdraxus said:

Wait a few years and you'll see. But if all you want is more friends organize a lan party. 

Thats to much to do.

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

Thats to much to do.

Dude then you are the problem, you want to do stuff but you don't want to do anything? This whole thread has no point at all. 

Just now, Tjdraxus said:

Dude then you are the problem, you want to do stuff but you don't want to do anything? This whole thread has no point at all. 

I want to do a lot of stuff but I am not able to. First of all I am not an adult so I cant do a lot of stuff. If I ask my friends to bring their pc's and stuff nobody will come. It's hard.

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

I want to do a lot of stuff but I am not able to. First of all I am not an adult so I cant do a lot of stuff. If I ask my friends to bring their pc's and stuff nobody will come. It's hard.

Yo don't have to be an adult to be able to do stuff, find groups of people that get together, go to events, you can do stuff. 

1 minute ago, Tjdraxus said:

Yo don't have to be an adult to be able to do stuff, find groups of people that get together, go to events, you can do stuff. 

Thats the problem I cant find anyone. I want to find friends and go swimming,fishing,attend events and even if I have friends that will motivate me, learn some new skills like what you said.

Get a job.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        
Just now, Fez_Boy said:

Get a job.

I cant get a job.

What do you want from us OP? Every suggestion has been shot down with

I can't do that

I dont want to do that

Too hard

Too much effort. 

How do i do that?

Things won't just fall into your lap, you have to actually try if you want something to happen. 

Go to your local game store, learn to play magic the Gathering or what ever other board games they play, or find a group that runs a regular Dnd campaign either in person or over discord. 

2 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

School done now that its summer and im so bored. I have nothing to do and because of that I just sit in front of my computer for like 15+ a day and my eyes are starting to hurt. Also because I dont do anything all day I cant sleep and I end up sleeping like at 5 in the morning and wake up at 12. Idk what to do?!?!?!?!

Scream for attention much?

There are so many things to do in the world, the fact you posted this is sad on a lot of levels.

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

1 hour ago, ManosMax13 said:

Thats the problem I cant find anyone. I want to find friends and go swimming,fishing,attend events and even if I have friends that will motivate me, learn some new skills like what you said.

Can you volunteer somewhere (like a food bank)?

Do what other kids your age (that go to your school) are doing, if any of that interests you.

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V Motherboard: ASUS P6X58-E WS (BCLK: 201 MHz) CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 RAM: Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce® GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB (Core Clock: 1250 MHz, Memory Clock: 3505 MHz) SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB (W10 Pro) HDD: WD Green 3.5" 1TB (7.2K RPM) PSU: Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: Intake: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12, Exhaust: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitor: Samsung S24D390 23.4" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Racing Wheel: Logitech G27 & Six-Speed Shifter Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones (Charcoal) CPU-Z

Primary Laptop:

Spoiler

Model: Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2019 (Silver, Touch Bar, 2x TB3 Ports) CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8257U @ 1.4 GHz RAM: LPDDR3-2133 (8GB) GPU: Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 645 SSD: NVME PCIe 256GB Display: 13.3" 2560x1600 60Hz 500 nit IPS Battery: 58.2 Wh dbrand Skins: Trackpad (White Marble) & Palmrest (Hyperblack Titanium) Audio: Apple AirPods Pro

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 @ 3.07 GHz 1.2V Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (BCLK: 135 MHz) CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H50 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 8-8-8-20 (3x2GB) & Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 8-8-8-20 (1x4GB) GPU: ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 1GB (Core Clock: 725 MHz, Memory Clock: 1000 MHz) SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB (W10 Pro) PSU: HP 500W Unit Case: Corsair 100R Monitor: LG 24GL600F 23.6" 1080p 144Hz 300 nit TN FreeSync CPU-Z

Secondary Laptop:

Spoiler

Model: ASUS ROG G750JW CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ @ 3.4 GHz RAM: DDR3-1600 11-11-11-28 (3x4GB) GPU: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 765M SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 2.5" 120GB (W10 Pro) HDD: Toshiba 2.5" 750GB (5.4K RPM) Display: 17.3" 1080p 60Hz 350 nit TN Monitor: Dell E2418HN 24" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit IPS Battery: 88 Wh Mouse: Logitech MK235 Audio: Beats Studio3 Wireless (Midnight Black)

7 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

This. Seek out volunteer opportunities in your area. You will do some good, meet some new people and maybe get a different perspective on other people's lives. Animal shelter, food banks, community clean up…the list is endless.

-kp

Build up your resume - basically optimize around stuff on here (but adapt to whatever industry area you are interested in): https://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/free-investment-banking-resume-template/

Learn something: http://noexcustlist.com

TRAVEL. Maybe do volunteer work. This is "interesting", will help you grow and can go on the resume. 

R9 3900x; 64GB RAM | RTX 2080 | 1.5TB Optane P4800x

1TB ADATA XPG Pro 8200 SSD | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
HD800 + SCHIIT VALI | Topre Realforce Keyboard

2 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Like what?

if you want to spend some money model railroad

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

4 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Im 15 and not allowed to work by law.

Ah ok, in the US you can work at 14, there’s just hourly limits. Guess that’s different in Greece.

Spoiler

Main Rig: 

AMD Athlon II X4 650 at 3.1GHz [4 cores, 4 threads] 

Foxconn Alvorix RS-880-uATX

Radeon HD 4200 iGPU

2x4GB Generic 1600MHz DDR3

Seagate Firecuda 2TB 

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Corsair CX500 (move along...)

HP Pavilion Case

Windows 10 Home, Pop! OS and Linux Mint 64-Bit

32 Inch Samsung TV 1366 by 768 60Hz

Spoiler

Laptop #1

HP G56

Celeron 900 at 2.2GHz

Intel 4500MHD 

2x2GB Generic 800MHz DDR2

120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Linux Mint 64-Bit 

Spoiler

Consoles:

Nintendo Switch 32GB Red/Blue Joy-Cons HAC 001-01 (The revision with better battery life) 

Original PS4 500GB Matte Black (With 2TB WD Elements External Hard Drive) 

Spoiler

Mobile Devices:

iPad Air 2 64GB Space Grey [running iPadOS 13.1]

iPhone 11 64GB (Product) Red [iOS 13.1]

ok, maybe I use night theme a little

Oh to be young and have free time again... I can't remember the last time I ever had a enough free time to udder the words, "I'm bored." 

If you have any school friends call them up and see if they want to hang out.  Try finding a sport or league to play, that's a good place to make friends.  When I wasn't playing soccer with my teammates, I was hanging out with a few of them on weekends.

You might be too young to appreciate the time you have but take it from someone who's lucky to even get an hour to himself in one day, try to appreciate all that free time you have.  The choices you have are endless.

Bust through the gaming backlog, watch tv and movies, read books, draw, learn an instrument, go outside for walks and enjoy the sunshine etc.. etc....

If I had even a quarter of that free time I'd be overwhelmed with choice.  24 hours in a day isn't nearly enough for me to do what I want to do in a day.  I've had to resort to staying up much later than I should most days just to even get in some decent gaming hours.

9 hours ago, Arika S said:

What do you want from us OP? Every suggestion has been shot down with

I can't do that

I dont want to do that

Too hard

Too much effort. 

How do i do that?

Things won't just fall into your lap, you have to actually try if you want something to happen. 

Go to your local game store, learn to play magic the Gathering or what ever other board games they play, or find a group that runs a regular Dnd campaign either in person or over discord. 

Greece is a small country and its hard to do somethings like that, trust me. I have tried.

9 hours ago, jstudrawa said:

Scream for attention much?

There are so many things to do in the world, the fact you posted this is sad on a lot of levels.

I want to do a lot of things but there is a problem. If say for example I go fishing the fun level will be like 5/10 if I go fishing with a friend or something and have a great  time double the number.

8 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

Do what other kids your age (that go to your school) are doing, if any of that interests you.

Some kids that go to my school, are pretty bad for example I asked someone if they wanted to go out for a walk  or something and they answered "Leave me alone asshole its Tuesday dont you have something to do". And he just had 1 hour of karate practice. Thats all. Then I asked a friend in the morning the same and he said that we will see. Then I ask him again in the afternoon and he sents me a picture of him being outside with others already and he sais oops, even though I asked him first.

6 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

Oh to be young and have free time again... I can't remember the last time I ever had a enough free time to udder the words, "I'm bored." 

If you have any school friends call them up and see if they want to hang out.  Try finding a sport or league to play, that's a good place to make friends.  When I wasn't playing soccer with my teammates, I was hanging out with a few of them on weekends.

You might be too young to appreciate the time you have but take it from someone who's lucky to even get an hour to himself in one day, try to appreciate all that free time you have.  The choices you have are endless.

Bust through the gaming backlog, watch tv and movies, read books, draw, learn an instrument, go outside for walks and enjoy the sunshine etc.. etc....

If I had even a quarter of that free time I'd be overwhelmed with choice.  24 hours in a day isn't nearly enough for me to do what I want to do in a day.  I've had to resort to staying up much later than I should most days just to even get in some decent gaming hours.

Some kids that go to my school, are pretty bad for example I asked someone if they wanted to go out for a walk  or something and they answered "Leave me alone asshole its Tuesday dont you have something to do". And he just had 1 hour of karate practice. Thats all. Then I asked a friend in the morning the same and he said that we will see. Then I ask him again in the afternoon and he sents me a picture of him being outside with others already and he sais oops, even though I asked him first.

So yeah asking classmates to go out does not work.

I dont draw nor read books because its isnt my cup of tea, but I do play the drums. I want to go outside and swim fish and everything I get very quickly bored if I dont have company and as I said before my friends are not the best. If I had a willing friend and we both had a lot of free time. We would do an immense amount of things a day.

12 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

Go for jogs outside everyday, at least twice a day. That should make you feel a lot better (speaking from experience).

ok then what is your time for 5k, mine is 22 min