Terrible WIFI connection on Motherboard

MortenB

So, I've been pulling my hairs out over this lately; I've always had a slow internet connection due to various reasons, however recently I got a 100 Mb/s connection, wich was awesome I thought. But no, my computer, witch is rocking an MSI MPEG Z390 Gaming Edge mini Itx motherboard, still gets a connection no faster than 5-8 Mb/s. I've tried to put my laptop directly on top of my computer, and it recieves 95 Mb/s without a hitch. 

I've tried to update my drivers, but that did nothing for me. and sadly, ethernet cabling isn't an option as of yet.

Do any of you clever heads have any ideas? cause I'm kinda stuck

did you connect the 2 antennas?

if you did, did you try to position them in a better position?

are you using 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

did you install the drivers from msi's website or disc the motherboard came with, or you're using some default windows drivers?

The antennas are connected yes, and I have tryed different positions. At this point im using a 5 Ghz connection. The drivers though, are the default ones from windows, I'll try and update them from MSI's website to see if that works 

1 minute ago, MortenB said:

The drivers though, are the default ones from window

Now this is likely the issue, the official drivers often play a lot nicer

Also be sure to quote or use @mariushm so people see your responses

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Now this is likely the issue, the official drivers often play a lot nicer

Also be sure to quote or use @mariushm so people see your responses

Well, I've just installed the drivers from MSI, and now i see speeds in the 40 Mb/s, so I'll see that as a win! thanks Guys! @fasauceome @mariushm

Apologies for not quoting, I'm new around here, as a poster anyway