Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexTheGreatish

My Favorite Desktop. – Compulab Airtop 3 Review

I wish it also has an 2700X/3700X version. Nothing against Intel. Just the 9900K only do 3.7GHz all core is a bit of a waste. A 3700X will probably be just as fast but cheaper.

Wow... If that had been the new Mac Pro  it would set a new standard for a powerful desktop.   Did not catch if it has thunderbolt 3 but with built in and upgrade able GPU what else would it be needed for.  Just about anything can be connected via USB or a dongle that connects to USB other than a GPU. 

This ... could be the hackintosh pro IF it had an AMD GPU. 

I just couldn't open the website, lol. As in the video, for usd 2k with cpu, ssd and memory, it looks like for the cooling system alone is slightly higher to an high-end custom water loop.

But I think the shipping cost will be super higher, since I was living outside of the US. RIP.

First off: A great video, Alex! Clearly the best one you have done in a while.

Actually I find it amazing how this little computer can handle all the heat at such a small size.

Maybe ordering an option without GPU and installing an Gefore RTX could be an option.

But one thing caught my interest: Is it normal, that you can run an i9 9900k on a C236 chipset? I thought those would be for low end xeons?

EDIT: If you look it up on Intels Ark side, it only lists the 300series consumer chipsets. Is Compulab doing something special?

Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, caspar! said:

First off: A great video, Alex! Clearly the best one you have done in a while.

Actually I find it amazing how this little computer can handle all the heat at such a small size.

Maybe ordering an option without GPU and installing an Gefore RTX could be an option.

But one thing caught my interest: Is it normal, that you can run an i9 9900k on a C236 chipset? I thought those would be for low end xeons?

EDIT: If you look it up on Intels Ark side, it only lists the 300series consumer chipsets. Is Compulab doing something special?

They made their own motherboard, and tbh I have no clue what they did to get the 9900K to work.  Guessing it's just BIOS stuff but those guys are legit engineers in every way.

2 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

They made their own motherboard, and tbh I have no clue what they did to get the 9900K to work.  Guessing it's just BIOS stuff but those guys are legit engineers in every way.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe you could make a video figuring it out :D