AOC Q3279VWF Freesync with Nvidia card?

DSD27

AOC Q3279VWF 2560x1400 75Hz VA Freesync https://eu.aoc.com/en/products/q3279vwf

Does anyone know for sure if Freesync works well on this monitor with a Nvidia gpu over displayport?

I really need to know.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

DONT GET THAT ONEEEEEEEEEEE!

Its ghosting is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. I bought that instead of the -D8 version, and I regretted that. The -D8 version is amazing.

Get the AOC Q3279VWFD8 instead, it has an IPS panel with no ghosting.

And for the FreeSync, I dont know if it will work, there are workarounds, but its not reccomended. 

Just use VSync. :P

Just now, MarcoTheNoob said:

DONT GET THAT ONEEEEEEEEEEE!

Its ghosting is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. I bought that instead of the -D8 version, and I regretted that. The -D8 version is amazing.

Get the AOC Q3279VWFD8 instead, it has an IPS panel with no ghosting.

And for the FreeSync, I dont know if it will work, there are workarounds, but its not reccomended. 

Just use VSync. :P

I have the monitor for more than a year and I like it... the ghosting happens only on dark areas and it isn't that bad with the optimal settings.

Few months ago Nvidia launched drivers that support freesync, but they say it may not work with some monitors. If it works fine why wouldn't it be recomended?

I have the monitor and the gpu but I can't test it right now since they're really far apart. I hope someone can give me a concrete answer to the question.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

1 minute ago, DSD27 said:

I have the monitor for more than a year and I like it... the ghosting happens only on dark areas and it isn't that bad with the optimal settings.

Few months ago Nvidia launched drivers that support freesync, but they say it may not work with some monitors. If it works fine why wouldn't it be recomended?

I have the monitor and the gpu but I can't test it right now since they're really far apart. I hope someone can give me a concrete answer to the question.

Im REEEEEEEALY picky about ghosting.

Why not send an email to nVidia and ask them?