MSI X570 Prices out in EU

3 minutes ago, porina said:

Mobo pricing is going up everywhere, Gen 4 or not. I'm really hoping Intel go beyond 4 channel ram on next HEDT platform, but that's another story. I think Z170 was about the last "cheap" top consumer chipset mobo generation, less than say 150 euro equivalent. My 1st Ryzen board (X370) was above that, and entry level z_70 boards are in the 150+ ball park. I kinda skipped on X470 for that reason. Now Anandtech had described "mid range" X570 boards as around $250... I know manufacturers want to showcase their best, but what about low end X570? If there are no lower models, the mid range is the new low end.

Basically I don't want a nerfed chipset for any new generation system I build. So when Ryzen 2000 came out, 300 chipset was not an option as it missed the extra turbo clock thing, but 450 and 470 were not that different otherwise (for single GPU use). Outside of competitive benching, I run stock as I do need 24/7 stability. Do we have a definitive feature list for 570 vs 470 and Zen 2? Apart from PCIe 4.0, are there any features that will be missing if not using 570? And so far no mention of 550 chipset? For 300 series the 50/70 came out at same time. I think it did for 400 too, but not this time?

As far as i know X570 is the new Highend and X470 is supposed to be the mid tier. 
im using 2700x with a b350 board 4.2ghz OC on all cores 24/7 stable at 1.3875v Never had any issues. 
And i bet x470 price is going to drop a lot when x570 comes out. I dont do LN2 but i really like the MEG lineup boards. 
Im more into Aesthetics, which higher end boards do have. 

PC Specs

Ryzen 7 - 2700x - 4.2 Ghz 

MSI MPG X570s Carbon Max Wifi 

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync TT Premium

G.Skillz Trident Z 3200mhz CL16

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Aorus Xtreme

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Corsair RM750x - 750W Gold

43 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

im using 2700x with a b350 board 4.2ghz OC on all cores 24/7 stable at 1.3875v Never had any issues. 

I'm not into high voltage OCs for 24/7 running as that just burns power. My 1700 was never stable enough when I had it at 3.6 GHz, I can't remember, 1.20 or 1.25v. It would run any stability test as long as you like, but if left running for a few days unattended it'll crash, so I reverted it back to stock. More voltage might have fixed it, but again it is burning power. I didn't even bother looking for a 24/7 OC with either 1600 or 2600 systems, and I wont with 3700X that I intend to get.

With 2600, because I run stock, I had to have a 400 chipset to have the new boost feature work as intended.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

7 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Post this in tech news too. I dont understand tho amd got all its fame for being a better value for money option than intel and having cheaper mobos. Why are they trying to change that?

Lisa Su has said many times in the past that they will stop becoming the budget/value option and be the market leader.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

2 minutes ago, ApolloFury said:

Lisa Su has said many times in the past that they will stop becoming the budget/value option and be the market leader.

Becoming the market leader is achievable through low prices.

7 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Post this in tech news too. I dont understand tho amd got all its fame for being a better value for money option than intel and having cheaper mobos. Why are they trying to change that?

Board man gets paid.

Real tho, AMD is moving upmarket as they have the market performance leader and they're interested in making a profit off of that. No need to be the budget competitor to Intel when they're just straight up better than Intel. So AMD has doubled the chipset cost, which sets costs the board manufacturers another $20 USD or so. The rest of the cost increase is down to expenses related to engineering PCIe 4.0 (PCB material, there were some signal integrity issues, etc.), the board manufacturers redesigning the VRMs across almost the entire board, improved build quality, and maybe just better margins for board manufacturers now that AMD isn't the "value" platform.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

1 minute ago, melete said:

Board man gets paid.

Real tho, AMD is moving upmarket as they have the market performance leader and they're interested in making a profit off of that. No need to be the budget competitor to Intel when they're just straight up better than Intel. So AMD has doubled the chipset cost, which sets costs the board manufacturers another $20 USD or so. The rest of the cost increase is down to expenses related to engineering PCIe 4.0 (PCB material, there were some signal integrity issues, etc.), the board manufacturers redesigning the VRMs across almost the entire board, improved build quality, and maybe just better margins for board manufacturers now that AMD isn't the "value" platform.

But that such a dumb move,Intel will release a good processor a little bit cheaper than usual and everyone will buy it because 99% of the people would prefer a 5% worse Cinebench score and saving 50 dollars than buying Amd. Especially now that Intel might release the 10nm processors in a year or so. As such happened with Intel and Amd got promoted.

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

But that such a dumb move,Intel will release a good processor a little bit cheaper than usual and everyone will buy it because 99% of the people would prefer a 5% worse Cinebench score and saving 50 dollars than buying Amd. Especially now that Intel might release the 10nm processors in a year or so. As such happened with Intel and Amd got promoted.

AMD didn't actually change prices much on their CPUs. 3600 launches at the same price as 2600, 3600X is $30 USD more than 2600X, 3700X at the same price as 2700X (although there's no 3700). More CPUs on the high end is the big difference this time around.The big difference, imo, is that board manufacturers are no longer treating AMD Ryzen as a budget platform - it's not like AMD's chipset price hike is all that expensive either.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M