2080 ti at 30% gpu

Mikey101010
Go to solution Solved by Boby,

Hi there,

Its because of the game engine itself. Older game engines like Dota, WoW, StarCraft 2 require very strong single core performance and cannot properly utilize the multi cores. So in games where math calculations are limited to only one core, this core will have maxed out its math capacity but the rest of the cores and hardware will be unused. It is the game to blame, not your system.

my cpu and gpu are stuck at 30 or 40% on games like dota 2 and border lands 2 ,can not hold 120fps at  1080p in eva off thees game .and fps is same at 4k ,my cpu is 6700k 4.2 ghz and 32 gb ram ddr4 2400mhz  ,i have a ref  RTX 2080 ti  a 120 gb ssd and 1tb hard drive with a b250 mother bored and a 650 gold rated psu evga ,and my cpu is at 30% as well ,even if im in menu with uncqcaped fps still only minmal use from cpu and gpu ,there is no viruses and no bad soft where that im awear of  

Have you seen the temps, maybe they are too high. Or maybe the games, try maybe cs:go or something new.

To be honest, that's a first I have ever heard of an issue like that.

The only thing that comes to mind is that possibly something in the nvidia control panel is set so that it limits the FPS.

If that aint the case then try running a gpu benchmark for the fun of it and see if it also happens there:

https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition

Any changes that you made prior to the issue ?

Check power management and make sure it's set on max performance.

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

b250 with a 6700k, thats NOT right.

anyway back to the problem at hand, I suggest DDUing the GPU drivers and redownload and reinstall the latest driver.

iv tryed V SYNC ON and OFF  ,adapative . fast sync, i have a 4k tv 60 hz that can go to 1080p 120hz , its an IPS display  ,and has no input lag on game mode ,its very clear and fast it is a 2019 model tv ,and i have a 4k monitor 60hz with some other bit and peaces and use as 2nd display ,no g sync on eva ,gpu . capped 120fps or uncapped fps still uses 30 to 40 % gpu and cpu ,for older games ,like war frame ,,dota 2 ,,bordeland ,,but new game like Devil may cry 5 can reach 4k 120 to 150 fps steady all maxed out ,,and another thing is if you look at linus is 8k tv video ,you will see the gpu gos  green screen and all fucked ,it like all the screen looks relly funny and green all over ,,i got this issues when i updated my gpu drivers ,and had to roll it back ,because it made my pc un useaball ,lucky i new how to fix it  ,and im not saying its the driver or the green screen ,,well im not sure ,but the  issues is still there even with out the  latest driver ,just not sure what going on ,plus i see others playing thees games and have same issues around all gpus ,like pro player bulldog on dota 2 ,fps is every where ,jumping from 180 to 60 and bonceing around the 100 fps ,mark but can dip ,even with a 1080ti gpu ,i even found it hard to hold a steady 60 fps 4k maxed on warframe on 1080ti ,and my 2080ti ,it wood jump back to 60 fps but sutter for like half a sec then go back up ,i never had this issues with my old pc and that had rx480 8gb and a shit cpu ,,,and issues is same on thees games with only 30% use and no heat issues and my pc has been refreshed a few times now with files and with out 

Hi there,

Its because of the game engine itself. Older game engines like Dota, WoW, StarCraft 2 require very strong single core performance and cannot properly utilize the multi cores. So in games where math calculations are limited to only one core, this core will have maxed out its math capacity but the rest of the cores and hardware will be unused. It is the game to blame, not your system.

3 minutes ago, Boby said:

Hi there,

This is no longer true for WoW which now has multi-core support.

1 minute ago, Boby said:

Hi there,

i think your right ,this is why new game are un effected ,,its not what i was looking for ,but its better then being told i spent 2 grand on a pile of shit lol ,pc rules ,die consoles , i joke consoles give me all your games then ill feel better ,because my pc will shit on them too lol ,,thank mate 

1 minute ago, ThePD said:

sorry i dont play that game ,and never will ,un less it some how ups to a AAA GAME ,OR GOS to e sports 

guys i found out how to fix borderland 2 ,now i get 165 to 170 stable then jumps to 200 to 225 or 245 fps in diffent parts of the  game but a stable 165 or 171 fps on RTX 2080 ti 1080p 120hz ,,but still some issues cos i can only use 44 to 50 % of gpu thanks to some fixs insted of the 30% i was getting ,heres the fixs for borderlands ,but if any one nos one for dota 2 im all ear 

LOW FPS / FPS DROP SOLVED !! (Windows 10)
Hi Vault Hunters !

I had very low FPS issue since I have Windows 10, and 4-8 FPS with a GTX 1080, this is sad.
I contacted 2K support and here is the answer that works for me (HAAAAAALLELUJAH) : 

"Come on in, you’re missing the fun here at 2K Support!

So, I see you've got some computer issues huh? Chiiild’s play! I’ll be your trainer so you can kick that issue in the butt-butt! Right now you're like “pow”, but when we’re done you’re gonna be like “Killer POW”! Hold on to your badonkadonk and let’s get this party started!

Here are your first missions:

1. Verify that game cache reeeeeal good
· Load Steam.
· From the Library section, right-click on the game and select “Properties” from the menu.
· Select the “Local files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game cache” button.
· Steam will match the local files to the cloud files, and fix any errors it encounters.

2. Show that DirectX who’s the boss
· In the Steam installation folder of the game you’re having trouble with, there will be typically be a DirectX setup package.
· Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Redist\DirectXRedistCutdown
· Find and run DXSETUP.exe

3. GO GET THEM ADDITIONAL SOFTWARES
· Navigate to your game’s steam folder – there will typically be another Redist folder.
· Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Redist\
· In this folder you will find one or more VcRedist installation packages. Run each of them!
· You should also see a file called dotNETFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe. Run it!
· During the installation of the VcRedist files, once again you may be prompted to either ‘uninstall’ or ‘repair’ them. Choose ‘repair’ in that case.
· After you installed all the files, please reboot the computer (mandatory)"

Best support ever, is not it ? ❤️
I hope this will solve you troubles :)

Kisses bros ❤️
On 6/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, ThePD said:

On 6/18/2019 at 6:34 PM, Boby said:

Hi there,

On 6/18/2019 at 12:31 AM, Daniel644 said:

b250 with a 6700k, thats NOT right.

anyway back to the problem at hand, I suggest DDUing the GPU drivers and redownload and reinstall the latest driver.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:17 PM, Leanora said:

To be honest, that's a first I have ever heard of an issue like that.

The only thing that comes to mind is that possibly something in the nvidia control panel is set so that it limits the FPS.

If that aint the case then try running a gpu benchmark for the fun of it and see if it also happens there:

https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition

Any changes that you made prior to the issue ?

Check power management and make sure it's set on max performance.