Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snowwie88

New here. Has Linus also an account on this board?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just came fresh on this board a few days ago, even after watching already too much LTT video's on YouTube it never occurred  to me that LTT also has a board where you can ask or share any (computer) technical related questions and/or answers. 

But a single thought crossed my mind: Does Linus himself also come to this board?
I guess the guy must be simply too busy to even be here around, if he even has an account over here. 😀

1 minute ago, Snowwie88 said:

I just came fresh on this board a few days ago, even after watching already too much LTT video's on YouTube it never occurred  to me that LTT also has a board where you can ask or share any (computer) technical related questions and/or answers. 

But a single thought crossed my mind: Does Linus himself also come to this board?
I guess the guy must be simply too busy to even be here around, if he even has an account over here. 😀

He does, and he often appears to drop things on the floor and break them.

yup i have seen him very rarely reply on stuff unless its a topic spefically asking for feedback

"I know its stupidly overdone and unreasonably unneccesary but wouldnt it be awesome if ..."

CPU: Intel i7 7700k Cooling: Stock cooler (temporary)  MB: ASUS z270i  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB  GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero  DISPLAY: LG 34UC88-B 21:9 1440p SSD(OS): Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD(Games): Samsung 840 EVO 250GB  HDD(Scratch): WD Blue 500GB HDD(Downloads): WD Blue 320GB HDD(Long-term): WD Green 2TB (external)   PSU: Corsair SF600 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

On 6/17/2019 at 11:41 PM, Snowwie88 said:

even after watching already too much LTT video's on YouTube it never occurred  to me that LTT also has a board

At the end of almost every video from the last several years he tells you to check the links in the video description " including the community forum, which you should totally join".

Are you one of those naughty people who click away before the end of the last ad?  tssss. 

😄

Welcome. 

On 6/19/2019 at 5:49 AM, Captain Chaos said:

At the end of almost every video from the last several years he tells you to check the links in the video description " including the community forum, which you should totally join".

Are you one of those naughty people who click away before the end of the last ad?  tssss. 

😄

Hehe, to be honest, most of the time yes. As soon Linus uses the words "Speaking off"....then I know enough, because usually the thing he is going to speak off has nothing to do with the subject on hand and chances are they will not interest me. But I do this everywhere, I simply don't like commercials or advertising. If I want to know something then I look it up myself or ask. 🙂

On 6/19/2019 at 8:34 AM, LinusTech said:

:o

The man himself. 👍🏽

Thank you for responding, whether it's actually you or one of your employees, does not matter, it shows you care for your viewers and board members.
Keep up the good stuff on YouTube, we love it. 🙂

2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

It's me lol. I'm the only one with access to this account (Except Luke I guess because he's admin too) 

But I guess even official accounts can now be fake as well...

(*totally not sarcastic at all*  xD                                       

le luci del giorno viventi

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H115i extreme performance liquid cooler (280mm radiator), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4X4GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

On 6/17/2019 at 11:41 PM, Snowwie88 said:

He does come on the forum though he's not as active as others. You shouldn't ask questions expecting him to personally answer though - if he sees it he might answer but you should be willing to accept answers from anyone.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

21 hours ago, Sauron said:

He does come on the forum though he's not as active as others. You shouldn't ask questions expecting him to personally answer though - if he sees it he might answer but you should be willing to accept answers from anyone.

I never said I expected that as such, but just by looking at the channel and how many staff there is working at LTT I would think Linus himself barely has time to be even on this board. Besides, when having computer related issues it's the 'community' that helps. Still, it's a cool thing knowing he is around here also. Actually I have a family member not living so far away from Linus in Port Hardy, Vancouver. And yes, he is also a Dutch man. 🙂