New here. Has Linus also an account on this board?

Snowwie88

I just came fresh on this board a few days ago, even after watching already too much LTT video's on YouTube it never occurred  to me that LTT also has a board where you can ask or share any (computer) technical related questions and/or answers. 

But a single thought crossed my mind: Does Linus himself also come to this board?
I guess the guy must be simply too busy to even be here around, if he even has an account over here. ?

1 minute ago, Snowwie88 said:

I just came fresh on this board a few days ago, even after watching already too much LTT video's on YouTube it never occurred  to me that LTT also has a board where you can ask or share any (computer) technical related questions and/or answers. 

But a single thought crossed my mind: Does Linus himself also come to this board?
I guess the guy must be simply too busy to even be here around, if he even has an account over here. ?

He does, and he often appears to drop things on the floor and break them.

yup i have seen him very rarely reply on stuff unless its a topic spefically asking for feedback

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

On 6/17/2019 at 11:41 PM, Snowwie88 said:

even after watching already too much LTT video's on YouTube it never occurred  to me that LTT also has a board

At the end of almost every video from the last several years he tells you to check the links in the video description " including the community forum, which you should totally join".

Are you one of those naughty people who click away before the end of the last ad?  tssss. 

?

Welcome. 

how do we know if its a bot or some one else? lol

its internet world , everything is fake~~

plot twist, it's dennis running his acc

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

On 6/19/2019 at 5:49 AM, Captain Chaos said:

At the end of almost every video from the last several years he tells you to check the links in the video description " including the community forum, which you should totally join".

Are you one of those naughty people who click away before the end of the last ad?  tssss. 

?

Hehe, to be honest, most of the time yes. As soon Linus uses the words "Speaking off"....then I know enough, because usually the thing he is going to speak off has nothing to do with the subject on hand and chances are they will not interest me. But I do this everywhere, I simply don't like commercials or advertising. If I want to know something then I look it up myself or ask. ?

On 6/19/2019 at 8:34 AM, LinusTech said:

:o

The man himself. ??

Thank you for responding, whether it's actually you or one of your employees, does not matter, it shows you care for your viewers and board members.
Keep up the good stuff on YouTube, we love it. ?

On 6/18/2019 at 11:43 PM, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

how do we know if its a bot or some one else? lol

its internet world , everything is fake~~

It's me lol. I'm the only one with access to this account (Except Luke I guess because he's admin too) 

2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

It's me lol. I'm the only one with access to this account (Except Luke I guess because he's admin too) 

But I guess even official accounts can now be fake as well...

(*totally not sarcastic at all*  xD                                       

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

On 6/17/2019 at 11:41 PM, Snowwie88 said:

He does come on the forum though he's not as active as others. You shouldn't ask questions expecting him to personally answer though - if he sees it he might answer but you should be willing to accept answers from anyone.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

21 hours ago, Sauron said:

He does come on the forum though he's not as active as others. You shouldn't ask questions expecting him to personally answer though - if he sees it he might answer but you should be willing to accept answers from anyone.

I never said I expected that as such, but just by looking at the channel and how many staff there is working at LTT I would think Linus himself barely has time to be even on this board. Besides, when having computer related issues it's the 'community' that helps. Still, it's a cool thing knowing he is around here also. Actually I have a family member not living so far away from Linus in Port Hardy, Vancouver. And yes, he is also a Dutch man. ?