Suggestion for Android Streaming Box for a TV

ramimLFC
Go to solution Solved by LAwLz,

Gonna have to also recommend the Nvidia Shield TV.

However, rumors has it that Nvidia will soon release a new Shield TV. The current one was released in 2017 and it wasn't really much of an upgrade from the original 2015 version (same SoC). Don't get me wrong, it seems like it still gets updates, and it is powerful enough for pretty much anything you want to do, but you might want to wait a little bit for the new model. Hopefully the new Nvidia Shield TV will have its 4 year old SoC updated.

https://www.androidcentral.com/nvidia-shield-tv-new-hardware-and-android-90-pie-works

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you guys could point me towards the best TV Streaming Box with an Android interface. I'm currently using a 55" Sony X9300D 4K HDR TV. I watch a lot of content on streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as YouTube and YouTube TV. I also stream content from my PLEX server. But the extremely laggy android interface of this particular TV is incredibly irritating to deal with. So, I was planning on upgrading to a device that's capable of streaming content through the above mentioned services in both 4K and HDR (Doesn't have to be Dolby Vision since my TV doesn't support it). Cheers!

26 minutes ago, ramimLFC said:

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you guys could point me towards the best TV Streaming Box with an Android interface. I'm currently using a 55" Sony X9300D 4K HDR TV. I watch a lot of content on streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as YouTube and YouTube TV. I also stream content from my PLEX server. But the extremely laggy android interface of this particular TV is incredibly irritating to deal with. So, I was planning on upgrading to a device that's capable of streaming content through the above mentioned services in both 4K and HDR (Doesn't have to be Dolby Vision since my TV doesn't support it). Cheers!

NVIDIA Shield TV.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

However, rumors has it that Nvidia will soon release a new Shield TV. The current one was released in 2017 and it wasn't really much of an upgrade from the original 2015 version (same SoC). Don't get me wrong, it seems like it still gets updates, and it is powerful enough for pretty much anything you want to do, but you might want to wait a little bit for the new model. Hopefully the new Nvidia Shield TV will have its 4 year old SoC updated.

https://www.androidcentral.com/nvidia-shield-tv-new-hardware-and-android-90-pie-works

7 hours ago, LAwLz said:

That was news to me, though, I kinda fail to see the point in a new version. I have the original 2015 - one and I still haven't found anything it couldn't handle.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.