Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adures

Alternatives to samsung TV 82"

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, my parents want to buy new TV and they want to buy something 80"+

They want to buy  Samsung UE82NU8002. It cost's around 2635 usd. Do you know any alternatives to this TV? With around similar price +/- 500 usd and not Samsung?

 

Why not Samsung? I read that they are actually displaying ads on TV in menus, so screw them, if I can find something in similar price that also has good display quality and without displaying ads that would be great.

It would also be nice if it had good HDR capabilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo: At that point I would get a really good projector.


𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoiler

Main Rig: 

AMD Athlon II X4 650 at 3.1GHz [4 cores, 4 threads] 

Foxconn Alvorix RS-880-uATX

Radeon HD 4200 iGPU

2x4GB Generic 1600MHz DDR3

Seagate Firecuda 2TB 

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Corsair CX500 (move along...)

HP Pavilion Case

Windows 10 Home, Pop! OS and Linux Mint 64-Bit

32 Inch Samsung TV 1366 by 768 60Hz

Spoiler

Laptop #1

HP G56

Celeron 900 at 2.2GHz

Intel 4500MHD 

2x2GB Generic 800MHz DDR2

120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Linux Mint 64-Bit 

Spoiler

Consoles:

Nintendo Switch 32GB Red/Blue Joy-Cons HAC 001-01 (The revision with better battery life) 

Original PS4 500GB Matte Black (With 2TB WD Elements External Hard Drive) 

Spoiler

Mobile Devices:

iPad Air 2 64GB Space Grey [running iPadOS 13.1]

iPhone 11 64GB (Product) Red [iOS 13.1]

 

ok, maybe I use night theme a little

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Adures said:

Hi, my parents want to buy new TV and they want to buy something 80"+

They want to buy  Samsung UE82NU8002. It cost's around 2635 usd. Do you know any alternatives to this TV? With around similar price +/- 500 usd and not Samsung?

 

Why not Samsung? I read that they are actually displaying ads on TV in menus, so screw them, if I can find something in similar price that also has good display quality and without displaying ads that would be great.

It would also be nice if it had good HDR capabilities.

You're going to be upset when you start your LG TV for the first time and have to hit AGREE...


Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

You're going to be upset when you start your LG TV for the first time and have to hit AGREE...

I haven't heard of LG displaying ADs in menus. Is it new industry standard?

That would be a shame because the TV @star_pilot475 proposed looked promising.

It is available as 86UK6500PLA in my country, but I believe it's the same model.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adures said:

I haven't heard of LG displaying ADs in menus. Is it new industry standard?

That would be a shame because the TV @star_pilot475 proposed looked promising.

It is available as 86UK6500PLA in my country, but I believe it's the same model.

No, they just come out and say they're collecting data.

 

Ads in menus aren't a big deal comparatively.  I know it's a slippery slow and probably indicative of things to come but I wouldn't not get a TV brand because of it.

 

Especially when their are so very few actual TV's in your price range in that size.


Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Well I have to read their privacy policies then, but I believe Samsung is also collecting data. I will see which one is worse. If they are comparable I think TV without ads would be better.

 

Well, this industry is really bad. Why would TV need to collect so much data :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×