Powerline adaptors 'killing' internet regularly?

iconic

Hi all

I've been having regular disconnects to the internet so I spoke to my ISP. They did a line test and said there were no issues and that the router was fine.

In my house, I run most things of a Velop mesh wifi network and powerline adapters for my main PC room (office use and gaming). Anyway...

The ISP said that the disconnects were probably caused by my powerline adapters (TP-LINK TL-PA4030KIT 500Mbps) making the router reset itself. So my question is?...

Is that a thing or is it the ISP passing the blame? Is there anything I can do to stop it happening?

Many thanks.

Have you tried a power line adapter plugged right into the modem? Does that yield the same result?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

This is a new one for me...

I've been using some Powerline adapters for a few months to extend the WiFi by using another WiFi router and having that plugged in via Powerline. I haven't had a single issue (Just wish it was a mesh network)

Might be worth trying to dig a little deeper... Is the Powerline adapters also passthrough? If they are, is the router plugged into the powerline adapter?

Is the router plugged into a extension lead?

Could the router or power cable be faulty?

How is the connection between the Powerline adapters? Could that be an issue?

If you try going through simple things like that, just to try and ensure it is nothing outside the router which could be causing the issue. Once you have done a fair few troubleshooting steps and nothing seams to fix it, ring your ISP back and get them to send an engineer because the ISP router may be at fault.

My current Set-Up: (Now in RGB)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 | CPU cooler: EVGA CLC 280 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Classified @ 2050MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2 | Boot SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB on a SilverStone SST-ECM20 | Game Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB | Main Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM | Back-up Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 5900RPM in software RAID-1 | Recording Drive: Samsung SpinPoint 160GB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT S340 Elite Black/Red | OS: Windows 10 Professional | Keyboard: Cyborg V.7 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + HP Compaq LA1951g | Speakers: Sony PCVA-SP2 (Which sound FANTASTIC) | Headset: HyperX Cloud II

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Have you tried a power line adapter plugged right into the modem? Does that yield the same result?

Unfortunately yes, it still happens.

1 hour ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

I've been using some Powerline adapters for a few months to extend the WiFi by using another WiFi router and having that plugged in via Powerline. I haven't had a single issue (Just wish it was a mesh network)

Might be worth trying to dig a little deeper... Is the Powerline adapters also passthrough? If they are, is the router plugged into the powerline adapter?

If you try going through simple things like that, just to try and ensure it is nothing outside the router which could be causing the issue. Once you have done a fair few troubleshooting steps and nothing seams to fix it, ring your ISP back and get them to send an engineer because the ISP router may be at fault.

Thanks.

The router is not on an extension and the ISP claims it is not faulty (hard for me to disprove!?)

Powerline adapters have generally been reliable bar a blip now and then (once or twice a year).

They played the whole 'there will be a call out charge if we find our line and router are OK" card and definitely made it sound like it was something at my end.

I just wish I knew one way or the other as it's getting to be a frustratingly regular occurrence.

3 hours ago, starcoaster said:

isp bollocks, they'll do anything to avoid having to give some actual, useful, customer service.

Ha, I suspect so. They said I had a several devices online but who doesn't nowadays with smart home devices, mobiles, tablets etc!

1 hour ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

Oh, and they are not passthrough ones. Thanks.