GAMING/PROGRAMMING PC

mich991

@mich991What is your budget and location?

What software do you want to run for programming?

What kind of games do you want to play, and what resolution/framerate?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

If you're not upgrading RAM in the near future, get 2x4GB instead of 1X8GB. Dual channel alone will increase performance.. 

That motherboard is iffy by will probably hold up.. If it doesn't dig into the budget much, try to get a Pro4 by Asrock. 

I don't know what that GPU is costing you but the RX 580 is usually cheaper and outperforms most of the time. If you don't need Nvidia for specific programs, I would go AMD.. 

I'm not sure about that PSU, but one thing you don't want to do is cheap out on one.. I'm not sure where you're located but in my SIG you'll see a PSU tier list. Anything above C should be fine.. Tier B and higher is recommended. 

Also, next time, make a list of the parts, like models, you're using as most of us know what they are without needing a link.. Or at least hyperlink the text.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

@ch3w2oy

would really recommend psu’s tier A and above.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

36 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@mich991What is your budget and location?

What software do you want to run for programming?

What kind of games do you want to play, and what resolution/framerate?

My budget is around 1000-1100 Euros.

Sorry, I meant WEB programming. Web design also.

Phpstorm, Photoshop, 

Games: Dota 2, War Thunder, Skyrim, Call of Duty.

33 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

If you're not upgrading RAM in the near future, get 2x4GB instead of 1X8GB. Dual channel alone will increase performance.. 

That motherboard is iffy by will probably hold up.. If it doesn't dig into the budget much, try to get a Pro4 by Asrock. 

I don't know what that GPU is costing you but the RX 580 is usually cheaper and outperforms most of the time. If you don't need Nvidia for specific programs, I would go AMD.. 

I'm not sure about that PSU, but one thing you don't want to do is cheap out on one.. I'm not sure where you're located but in my SIG you'll see a PSU tier list. Anything above C should be fine.. Tier B and higher is recommended. 

Also, next time, make a list of the parts, like models, you're using as most of us know what they are without needing a link.. Or at least hyperlink the text.. 

I will be upgrading my RAM. I have some cheap 4GB RAM from my old PC so I could maybe use it. 

Anything above 90 Euros for MB is too high.

1060 6GB is 265.00 € while 

Asus AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB Dual-fan OC Edition GDDR5 256bit, DUAL-RX580-O8G is 386 €.

Sorry for my stupidity, but does more PSU W means more electricity usage?

16 minutes ago, mich991 said:

My budget is around 1000-1100 Euros.

Sorry, I meant WEB programming. Web design also.

Phpstorm, Photoshop, 

Games: Dota 2, War Thunder, Skyrim, Call of Duty.

Sorry for my stupidity, but does more PSU W means more electricity usage?

No. Its rated at a certain Wattage - the usage depends on your PC. you can have a 1200w PSU which only uses 300w on weak systems. The rest is just unused.

Here you go. Leaves you with about 100EUR for keyboard and mouse.

W10 key can be bought online for 10-20EUR

BUT: in like 3 weeks zen2 is being released, which could even further push current zen+ prices down, and new Navi ccards+refresh RTX cards are being released, again current gen parts go down in price.

9 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

No. Its rated at a certain Wattage - the usage depends on your PC. you can have a 1200w PSU which only uses 300w on weak systems. The rest is just unused.

Here you go. Leaves you with about 100EUR for keyboard and mouse.

W10 key can be bought online for 10-20EUR

BUT: in like 3 weeks zen2 is being released, which could even further push current zen+ prices down, and new Navi ccards+refresh RTX cards are being released, again current gen parts go down in price.

Thank you very much for your effort. The problem is, for example, 1660 Ti in my country costs: 366.00 €.

1 minute ago, mich991 said:

Thank you very much for your effort. The problem is, for example, 1660 Ti in my country costs: 366.00 €.

What is your location?

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

What is your location?

Montenegro. On Amazon I can't buy anything over 75 euros because of the customs.

Even if a website has shipping to Montenegro, everything over 75 euros I will need to pay 20% more because of the customs. My PC build is pretty limited.

29 minutes ago, mich991 said:

Montenegro. On Amazon I can't buy anything over 75 euros because of the customs.

Ah right... that sucks balls. Thought it was a tax evasion paradise (well not really, but I mean 9-11% tax brackets )?