Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RainGamma

Best xlr microphone for YouTube content. (Also what is needed)

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I like to make YouTube commentary (play video games and horror games) I got mostly everything down. Sony Vegas 16 (editing software), good gaming pc I built, audio is just one thing I want to upgrade. My blue yeti is what I want to give up on. So I’m looking for some great xlr microphones. I found a great deal for the AT2020 for 90$ off but if there’s is anything better please do tell me! Budget for microphone is 150. I also need to know what I need for it to work with my computer. I got the scarlet 2i2 solo as that’s what I need. This is my pc setup if you need to see that. 

I'm not going to comment about the microphone but about the hard drive. If you are working for long hours with heavy files such as editing/rendering of videos, you may also want to upgrade the hard disk to the Pro version of BarraCuda, its endurance is greater and you can have it always on (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)...

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

I'd go with the AT2020 and you already have a good interface to go with it. Other than your preferred audio recording software, you've got what you need for it to work. (and dont forget a popfilter)

I used to have a small recording setup where I would record singer/songwriters, mostly college friends and used this set. (not this exact set as it was 10 years ago) but it was basically this exact microphone and set up, the usb interface is newer, microphone is basically still the same. I was impressed with how easy everything was to setup and mic quality was great. This kit will have everything you need to get it hooked up to your PC for $299.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tascam-us-2x2-pop-filter-package/j15723000000000

If you want a dynamic mic rather than. A condenser mic if that suits your needs better the Shure sm 58 are really good

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> monoprice monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, AKG k240, AKG k52

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,

Bluetooth headphones I use: AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

CPU : ryzen 1300x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1060 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

i would reccommand just like @rice guru said, to use an Shure SM58. you don't need a popfilter with that because it has is built in. and these things can take some serious beating before they break, so if you act a little rough, it doesn't matter. also they sound really good. If noise from your pc is a problem, you can get the shure beta58, those are less sensitive to the sides. For more info on which you should choose, read here a little, https://www.keymusic.com/shure-sm58-vs-beta58a/ 

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 6/17/2019 at 12:21 AM, rice guru said:

If you want a dynamic mic rather than. A condenser mic if that suits your needs better the Shure sm 58 are really good

I think I’m gonna go with that.