Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mtz_federico

Apache Vulnerabilities

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I checked my ip address on shodan.io and it told me that I had 3 Apache vulnerabilities.

My server runs Ubuntu 18.10 on a VM (its not always running so im not very worried but I should still fix it) I attached a photo that showed what shodan showed me, I don’t know how to fix them.

Could anybody help?

thanks in advance

43A0F30A-ACA6-4C4F-A51B-AE9CF706521B.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are all old (last one being February 2019), have you simply tried updating Apache? You can also google the CVE and find recommendations on stop-gap solutions usually, but I would simply update apache...

 

sudo apt-get update

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Those are all old (last one being February 2019), have you simply tried updating Apache? You can also google the CVE and find recommendations on stop-gap solutions usually, but I would simply update apache...

 

sudo apt-get update

I just updated Apache and plex just in case it is plex, now I just need shodan to rescan my ip

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mtz_federico said:

I just updated Apache and plex just in case it is plex, now I just need shodan to rescan my ip

Totally forgot to say && sudo apt-get upgrade - Also plex listens on 3200 32400 natively so you would need to tell shodan to scan that port or it won't be able to test plex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikensan said:

Totally forgot to say && sudo apt-get upgrade - Also plex listens on 3200 natively so you would need to tell shodan to scan that port or it won't be able to test plex.

It's port 32400, if that was a mistype.


[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

 

Desktop: Intel i7-7700K 5GHz | Gigabyte Z170N | EVGA 1080 ACX 3.0 SC | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA P2 650W | Custom Loop

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server: Intel Pentium G3258 | MSI Z87 G45 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper | 2x1TB Western Digital HDDs

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 2FA said:

It's port 32400, if that was a mistype.

This isn't my week lol, but yes 32400.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Totally forgot to say && sudo apt-get upgrade - Also plex listens on 3200 32400 natively so you would need to tell shodan to scan that port or it won't be able to test plex.

Shodan shows that im running plex on 32400 but i don't know if plex has an apache backend (I doubt it since apache is bad at file hosting) and shodan doesn’t specify on which port the vulnerability is on

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mtz_federico said:

Shodan shows that im running plex on 32400 but i don't know if plex has an apache backend (I doubt it since apache is bad at file hosting) and shodan doesn’t specify on which port the vulnerability is on

Easy solution there is to stop the plex server/service and let shodan run again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×