Is 850W enought?

Ravendarat
Go to solution Solved by XR6,

850W will be more than enough for that system. I think it'd only use about 600W under full load.

I currently have a Corsair RM850x, the system I am building has a 2080ti, I will be using one of the higher end x570 boards and a 3900x. Im running a custom loop with a 480mm rad with 4 120mm fans, a corsair commander pro and 4 of the corsair LED strips. I will be doing some overclocking and I am running RGB ram. I know all we can do is estimate the power draw on the mobo and cpu but do you think its enough? I noticed that the HX1200i is onsale for about $210 cad, and im ok with spending but I also am ok not thowing money away for no reason. And if I do switch will the HX series use the same cables as the RM series as I already have cable mod cables for that?

850W will be more than enough for that system. I think it'd only use about 600W under full load.

850W is way more than enough.  600W is a little bit of a low estimate as I've had 650W PSUs shut down during some benchmarks.  But 750W PSUs seem to perform solidly with similar builds.

1 hour ago, XR6 said:

I was finding the same thing, I just wasnt sure about when you start OC stuff if the power draw increases dramatically.

8 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

And if I do switch will the HX series use the same cables as the RM series as I already have cable mod cables for that?

Yes. If you have the yellow label RM, the 24 pin will have 4 unused pins for the 24 pin connector, but it's all fine. @jonnyGURU has a nice picture of that...

If you have the RMx, new RMx, RMi or grey label RM, all the cables are fully compatible

:)

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

Yes. If you have the yellow label RM, the 24 pin will have 4 unused pins for the 24 pin connector, but it's all fine. @jonnyGURU has a nice picture of that...

If you have the RMx, new RMx, RMi or grey label RM, all the cables are fully compatible

Oh ya, my RMx is only from 6 months ago so I figured it would be the same, but it sounds like I have no reason to switch and I have no intentions of upgrading to 2 cards so I think I will just leave it alone