Looking to pull the trigger on a laptop with dedicated GPU for work and gaming

Hey everyone!

Been a while since I posted anything, but I know that if any community can help me its this one :)
SO I have been teetering on the the precipice of buying a gaming/work laptop for a while, but obviously the price has always been a bit daunting, 
not to mention the rate at which they are left in the dust by the growth of technology. But I think now is a good time to go for it.
For the last little while I have been working off of an HP Elitebook 8470p with and SSD. I love it and its a good old gal, but shes a little under powered and under featured

for my needs these days, as I am doing a decent amount of international travelling to expand my horizons and going off to visit family/friends who are not close to me.
So I am giving this one to my cousin for school and making the jump.

Some info about my wants/needs

- Num pad is a must, I use it constantly for my web administration work
- 1080p plus if you please

- backlit keys would be nice as sometimes I work in the dark with other people trying to sleep in the room
- reasonable gaming performance as I must feed my addiction fairly often (you understand I'm sure), I would like around 1050 ti to 1060 level if possible
and I do tend to play AAA games among lesser titles as well. 
- A comfortable typing experience would be nice, but is not necessary
- IPS screen would be beneficial, as I have grown accustomed to it on my desktop
- SSD is definitely a plus but I can probably upgrade to one later if needed
- 15" or larger if possible 
- 16gb of ram or the ability to upgrade to that
- 4 cores 8 threads or higher would be ideal for obvious reasons
- I am willing to compromise on looks but it doesn't hurt to have a nice sleek aesthetic that appeals to both gaming and business
- Will sacrifice thinness for performance

A few more things:
- I am Canadian so I will be purchasing in CAD
- You don't have to find me the exact perfect model, but pointing me in the right direction would be helpful
- I don't mind going used if the price is right
- I am hoping to keep it under 1200 CAD but that is flexible if I am like 50 away from a great deal

Thanks in advance to all who answer, I believe in you guys!

No preference on weight and battery life? Mind low sRGB IPS?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

No preference on weight and battery life? Mind low sRGB IPS?

I don't mind weight too much as I work out pretty consistently and it wouldn't really bother me.

Battery life would be nice but I am not usually too far away from an outlet, so whatever you can find that is reasonable in that area.
The one I have does about 3 hours of text based work on battery. If I could be around that I would be happy. 

Low sRGB IPS is fine, I am not doing any work that requires me to be super color accurate, I just like to have a nice color palette that is relatively accurate to look at in games and not give me a headache after prolonged use. Honestly I wouldn't mind a TN as long as it has decent colors, I just tend to stay a way from them because its a bit of a toss up.

8 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

How’s this @Adreyu

https://www.newegg.ca/black-msi-gf-series-gf63-9sc-060ca-thin-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834155210

edit: oh no! I forgot to look for a numpad. This one doesn’t have one I don’t think! 

Thats okay! If it really comes down to it I am sure I could get a usb numpad. Thanks for your input! I will keep this one in mind and look at some reviews :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply

Lenovo Legion Y540

Clevo NH58RAQ

Dell G5 5590

Lenovo Legion Y545

Let me know if you have other options in mind

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128