Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DasEinhorn

Old PC-What should I upgrade CPU VS GPU

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, Right now I have a pc with a i5-3470 with a gtx 770x and 8gb ddr3 ram.
A friend of mine offered me a deal on his 5 year old I7 4770k + z87 asus maximus formula vi for 200-250€
Should i go for that or with the same money buy a new gpu?(prolly a Gtx 1660?) 
Wich would give me more performance increase considering I game on 1080p. Mostly CSGO,Overwatch,Rainbow Six,Apex.
Thank You!

1 minute ago, DasEinhorn said:

I7 4770k + z87 asus maximus formula vi for 200-250€

Only CPU and motherboard?

What country?

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Only CPU and motherboard?

What country?

Europe! Is he asking too much? I checked prices on those exact used parts on ebay and it was around that price...

Just wondering wich would give me a boost in gaming, a new cpu or a new gpu. If i buy one of the newer cpu's + MB's i would have to buy new RAM too right? since (i think) it doesnt support ddr3?

36 minutes ago, DasEinhorn said:

Europe! Is he asking too much? I checked prices on those exact used parts on ebay and it was around that price...

Just wondering wich would give me a boost in gaming, a new cpu or a new gpu. If i buy one of the newer cpu's + MB's i would have to buy new RAM too right? since (i think) it doesnt support ddr3?

Well market price its fine. But you can buy a 6 core r5 1600, mobo and 16GB of Ram for the same ammount of money. Which is miles better.

Also europe isnt a country. 

I would just hold on to the core i5 you have now. And get a new GPU and later a CPU. 

1 hour ago, DasEinhorn said:

Europe!

that's a continent with 50 countries in it, that won't help us gauge how good of a deal it is.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W