Are these dead pixels? How did this happen?

apav

Hey guys, 

So I took everything off to clean my desk before, and after hooking up my PC again, I noticed this which wasn't there earlier. I'm guessing these are multiple dead pixels? If so, I'm wondering how I got them. I did use some force when wiping my monitor with alcohol to get the spots off, but it wasn't excessive. Could this have been the cause? The monitor is also six years old, so could it have been possibly age related? Just would like to know so I can be careful not to accidentally make more dead pixels in the future. 

Thanks!

That looks like a short around that area. Your cleaning might have caused that but also could be age/bad luck.

Nothing you can do about it tho.

30 minutes ago, Dujith said:

That looks like a short around that area. Your cleaning might have caused that but also could be age/bad luck.

Nothing you can do about it tho.

18 minutes ago, starcoaster said:

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the force you used, probably in that particular spot, has damaged the screen. honestly, never use force on a screen - if there's gunk on it, damp a bit of tissue with some alcohol and hold it onto the spot for a couple moments and then it'll come loose without any force at all.

tough learning curve, sorry pal

That's unfortunate. Well at least it happened to a six year old overclocked Korean monitor, it's bound to die within the next few years anyway so I'm not completely bummed. Thanks!