Cases that can fit noctua D15

Go to solution Solved by intelover,

i got the meshify c

thanks alot for your help :D

hi guys im looking for a good case to fit noctua d15, 

full atx mb and 100$ - 150$ budget to spend on it.

i thought about the silent base 801 from bequiet but heard that the airflow is terrible and this case gets pretty hot.

thanks alot :)  

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Most of the Define and Meshify models have enough room for the NH-D15.

By, most you mean all:D

@intelover What are your specs and what are you looking for in a case? Why do you want to fit with NH-D15? Do you already have the cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

48 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

By, most you mean all:D

@intelover What are your specs and what are you looking for in a case? Why do you want to fit with NH-D15? Do you already have the cooler?

nope its for a new build, 

cpu i7 9700k 

mb gigabyte z390 aorus elite atx

looking for  good air cooling that will provide enough performance for overclocking

the place im buying from have fractal design meshify c and they have the coolermaster mastercase 500p mesh on sale (apparently the new version) he highly recommended it to me, what do you think?

18 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

By, most you mean all. :D

Probably.  I didn't look at the specs of the Mini and Nano versions (not that those are any good due to the ATX requirement), so I wasn't sure if I should use the word "all".  But yeah, those that fit an ATX motherboard will have ample room for the NH-D15.

The Meshify is a solid choice.  Then again I'm a Fractal fanboy so I may be biased.

As for the Mastercase 500 ... I'm really trying to get over it, but Cooler Master really made a f***up of biblical proportions when they released the H500P, so much that well over a year later I still automatically associate the number "500" with cheap garbage. 

46 minutes ago, intelover said:

the place im buying from have fractal design meshify c and they have the coolermaster mastercase 500p mesh on sale (apparently the new version) he highly recommended it to me, what do you think?

I personally like the build and finish of the Meshify C more. If you don't prefer the aesthetic of or need the extra room in the 500P Mesh, the more compact Meshify C would probably be more sensible.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

After my kraken x52 aio pump started acting up, I managed to install a Noctua d15s into an nzxt s340.

image.jpg

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

This is a pretty simple question to answer.  The D15 with the fan attached is 165mm tall.  I think most case manufacturers provide specs on the size of the air cooler for that case.  the Fractal Meshify C will accept coolers with a height of 170mm.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10