Windows flashing on and off (task manager doesn't flash)

j0ngle

I need help with a problem.

My brother's computer started blue screening occasionally a couple months ago. For a while he would just restart it and Windows would (seemingly) fix the problem. Eventually Windows crashed more and more often. The computer was then rendered useless because it would crash every 10 minutes (not an exaggeration).

We initially thought it was an issue with the harddrive, so we put a fresh one in with nothing but windows and the computer seemed to work fine. For a day. It stopped posting and even when it booted it only ran for a couple minutes. So we moved on to testing hardware issues. I swapped out the motherboard, processor, and ram with ones that I knew worked and the computer started booting... only to give us a new problem. Now the screen keeps flashing on and off. All the drivers were recently updated (because we updated them while it was working enough to, hoping it was a driver issue), so I was confused because it couldn't have been bad graphics drivers. I opened the task manager to find that it didn't flash with the rest of the screen. The internet said that there is probably a corrupted file somewhere on the computer, but it didn't give any ideas as to how to find it.

Here is a list of the hardware in the computer if its helpful

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Motherboard: Asrock AB350 B4

Graphics: AMD R9 390

RAM: 16 GB Gskill DDR4

tl;dr screen flashy, but task manager works. Fresh windows install. Drivers updated. No sketchy websites visited.

Anything help would be great. Thank you.

Corrupted install, it happens.

Re-make your Windows boot USB and do a full reformat and reinstall

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは