Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max668

Good inexpensive rig

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello all

So I have this friend that is in need of a computer and I am trying to buy it for him as a gift cause he cant afford anything. Problem is, I myself dont have a lot of money.

Could anyone help me? Im trying to find / build a rig that is inexpensive but still kicks ass. So a low budget pc that will be used for video editing / graphics.

all help is greatly appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, max668 said:

Hello all

So I have this friend that is in need of a computer and I am trying to buy it for him as a gift cause he cant afford anything. Problem is, I myself dont have a lot of money.

Could anyone help me? Im trying to find / build a rig that is inexpensive but still kicks ass. So a low budget pc that will be used for video editing / graphics.

all help is greatly appreciated

i would try to look for a cheap 775 socket mobo and a xeon cpu. the just pair that with something like a r9 290 (idunno how expensive these are in tyour country but here in sweden they mostly go for around 70 bucks) or if you are able to find something cheaper and better. the 775 mobo could be easily found cheap and fif you are lucky you could get an mobo + ram combo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

i would try to look for a cheap 775 socket mobo and a xeon cpu. the just pair that with something like a r9 290 (idunno how expensive these are in tyour country but here in sweden they mostly go for around 70 bucks) or if you are able to find something cheaper and better. the 775 mobo could be easily found cheap and fif you are lucky you could get an mobo + ram combo.

775 is quite old

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would tend to 1156. It's just a bit more expensive than LGA 775.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, max668 said:

775 is quite old

Yeah if you want something newer, (depending on ur country and budget) go with an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and just run on iGPU. Throw 16gbs of ram in (you'll want a full 16gbs with iGPU), a cheap b450 mobo, case and psu and you should be looking at under $300. 


Spoiler

Main Rig: 

AMD Athlon II X4 650 at 3.1GHz [4 cores, 4 threads] 

Foxconn Alvorix RS-880-uATX

MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G

2x4GB Generic 1600MHz DDR3

Seagate Firecuda 2TB 

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Seagate Barracuda 320GB

Corsair CX500 (move along...)

HP Pavilion Case

Windows 10 Home

32 Inch Samsung TV 1080P 60Hz

Spoiler

Laptop #1

HP G56

Celeron 900 at 2.2GHz

Intel 4500MHD 

2x2GB Generic 800MHz DDR2

120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Spoiler

REALLY Old (and unusable) Laptop

Intel Pentium M at a whopping 1.93GHz🔥

1x2GB Generic 800MHz DDR2

Nvidia GeForce GO 128 something or other

40GB 5400RPM IDE drive

Spoiler

Mobile Devices:

iPad Air 2 64GB Space Grey [running iPadOS 13]

 

iPhone SE 16GB Space Grey (oof) [running iOS 13]

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, star_pilot475 said:

Yeah if you want something newer, (depending on ur country and budget) go with an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and just run on iGPU. Throw 16gbs of ram in (you'll want a full 16gbs with iGPU), a cheap b450 mobo, case and psu and you should be looking at under $300. 

What about exon ?

 

I found this video

How good would this be compared to today's standards ? I know very little about parts. I do know how to put it together once I have the parts though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Build something like this...

CPU - Xeon e5 2420v2 - https://www.aliexpress.com/af/intel-xeon-e5-2420v2.html?g=y&SearchText=intel+xeon+e5+2420v2&d=y&misspellText=Intel+Xeon+E5-2420v2&initiative_id=SC_20190501154029&origin=n&isViewCP=y&spellcheckPrompt=1&jump=afs&aff_platform=link-c-tool&cpt=1560660524442&sk=D1IbAHK&aff_trace_key=81e988e7b5754dc6bc5a408f61e0675c-1560660524442-06124-D1IbAHK&terminal_id=2cd7c99dabea4598a61fb47e459138e3 - $25-30.

MOTHERBOARD - https://www.aliexpress.com/af/EastVita-X79.html?sk=OfsIIoC&d=y&terminal_id=2cd7c99dabea4598a61fb47e459138e3&cpt=1560660582054&origin=n&jump=afs&aff_platform=link-c-tool&SearchText=EastVita+X79&aff_trace_key=9383cac31da44879aac1ac1db54eb6f0-1560660582054-06137-OfsIIoC&initiative_id=SB_20190430011811&isViewCP=y&catId=0 - $50-60.

COOLER - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32976339406.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.50304c4diIdOSq&scm=1007.22893.125778.0&pvid=8d065536-9597-46f1-ac6a-0c6c5876b0c2&onelink_thrd=0.0&onelink_page_from=ITEM_DETAIL&onelink_item_to=32976339406&onelink_duration=0.796075&onelink_status=noneresult&onelink_item_from=32976339406&onelink_page_to=ITEM_DETAIL&aff_platform=link-c-tool&cpt=1560660612975&sk=cAjPCw40&aff_trace_key=3e3d9a42e5c244ab9c7a6a16d2873083-1560660612975-04742-cAjPCw40&terminal_id=2cd7c99dabea4598a61fb47e459138e3 - $15-20.

RAM - 8x2 ddr3 1600mhz ram sticks - $25-30.

GPU - https://www.ebay.com/b/AMD-Radeon-RX-570-Computer-Graphics-Cards/27386/bn_110678248 - $70-80.

CASE + PSU can be had for around $50-60.

Total cost of the build - $280


PRIMARY PC

Ryzen 5 2600 - ASRock B450 Pro4 - G.Skill Trident Z (8x2 3000MHz) - Intel 660p Series 512GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - MSI GeForce GTX980Ti LIGHTNING - NZXT H500i - Super Flower Leadex ll Gold 650 Watt

 

SECONDARY PC

Xeon X5680 - Asus SABERTOOTH X58 - Crucial (4x2 1333MHz) - Crucial BX500 480GB - MSI RX 570 GAMING X - Cougar MX330 - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 Watt

 

LAPTOP

Acer Nitro 5 - 7300HQ - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz - GTX 1050Ti - Intel 600p Series 256GB - Seagate Barracuda TB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your country, and what budget (in your local currency) do you actually have in mind?

 

That will stop these guys from slinging $200 junkyard builds at you, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, trevb0t said:

What is your country, and what budget (in your local currency) do you actually have in mind?

 

That will stop these guys from slinging $200 junkyard builds at you, lol.

Im in USA

The cheaper the better but at the same time I dont want to give him a socket that's from 2008

Let's just say 300 dollars the limit.

 I am aware that I will have to buy used parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, max668 said:

Im in USA

The cheaper the better but at the same time I dont want to give him a socket that's from 2008

Let's just say 300 dollars the limit.

 I am aware that I will have to buy used parts.

I wouldn't knock it... Check this out!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
27 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

I wouldn't knock it... Check this out!

 

Yea I did see that, but EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 is like 800 dollars

 

Unless hes using something else and I didnt see it.

That's also the reason why i asked about exon

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
32 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

I wouldn't knock it... Check this out!

 

Could you help me put together something decent?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, max668 said:

Yea I did see that, but EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 is like 800 dollars

 

Unless hes using something else and I didnt see it.

That's also the reason why i asked about exon

 

2 minutes ago, max668 said:

Could you help me put together something decent?

Well the 2080 isn't the focus. The focus is that this 2nd gen Xeon chip (for servers.) is holding its own vs a 9900K (probably the best consumer CPU on the market. It's like $485).

The fact that it can operate with a 2080 is impressive in itself.

So my point is, this is a VERY relevant chip right now for extreme budget builders.

Hell yeah, let's see what we can do! I'll message you, since we aren't supposed to technically link ebay listings on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, trevb0t said:

 

Well the 2080 isn't the focus. The focus is that this 2nd gen Xeon chip (for servers.) is holding its own vs a 9900K (probably the best consumer CPU on the market. It's like $485).

The fact that it can operate with a 2080 is impressive in itself.

So my point is, this is a VERY relevant chip right now for extreme budget builders.

Hell yeah, let's see what we can do! I'll message you, since we aren't supposed to technically link ebay listings on here.

Ok thank you so much

Link to post
Share on other sites

pick what you need and you believe :

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($133.33 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team - Elite Plus 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Hyundai Technology - Sapphire 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake - Smart 600 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $317.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-16 08:17 EDT-0400

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×