Can my PC handle 144hz monitors?

Benasoo

I am currently looking to upgrade from my 59hz monitor (203Swa) to a 144hz. My question is, will my PC be able to handle it?

PC specs: Intel i7-4770 CPU @3.40Ghz;

GTX 1060 6GB GPU (newly upgraded);

16GB Ram;

450W PSU.

I would like to upgrade, but if I have to lower game settings to, like, low on all games to achieve 144fps, is it really worth it?

Just now, Benasoo said:

I am currently looking to upgrade from my 59hz monitor (203Swa) to a 144hz. My question is, will my PC be able to handle it?

PC specs: Intel i7-4770 CPU @3.40Ghz;

GTX 1060 6GB GPU (newly upgraded);

16GB Ram;

450W PSU.

I would like to upgrade, but if I have to lower game settings to, like, low on all games to achieve 144fps, is it really worth it?

Im sure you can handle it, on most games, IF you are good with lowering the settings to bout medium. My friend got a i5 6... something and a 1050ti, he mostly plays cs go, but sometimes he also plays fortnite, pubg, minecraft, and newer AAA titles. He also got a 144hz monitor, and it seems like his pc can keep an steady 144+ fps.

You should be able to take advantage of the 144hz in most games, though in some games you may need to turn down your graphical settings.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

The 144hz monitor benefit can be had any time your FPS is in excess of ~80.

Plus, monitors tend to be used for a few builds into the future, and it gives you room to grow performance wise.

6 minutes ago, Benasoo said:

the difference between medium/high graphics isn't going to be much, just pick up any 144hz free-sync display pretty much.

Or save up a bit and just go for 240hz so you'll never need to replace it.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Assuming 1080p yes from medium to high game depending.  Also if your monitor works with gsync that will help as well.  The settings will depend heavily on the games you play.