Looking for good quality headphones

Noob Builder

Hey guys I have had my Astro A50's for a couple years now and they are basically falling apart. I have a blue yeti so I have no need for a gaming headset with a mic. What are your recommendations for a good pair of headphones that are good for gaming and all around sound quality for $200 or less? 

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

do you want open backs or closed backs?

I don't know the pros or cons of them but either would be fine in my book. 

11 minutes ago, Noob Builder said:

I don't know the pros or cons of them but either would be fine in my book. 

https://www.soundguys.com/open-back-vs-closed-back-headphones-12179/ here is a pretty good write up of the differences beteween the 2

$200 or less 

closed back : akg k553, dt 770 80 ohm if you have no amp, 250 ohm if you have an amp.ATH 1100i's, one more tridents triple driver over ears

open back, dt 990 80 ohm if you dont have an amp, 250 ohm if you dont have an amp, dt 880 same case as the 770 and 990, hd 58x, he 4xx if you have an amp, akg 7xx, akg k 712, 

a relatively cheap dac amp you can use with these if you want the 250 ohhm models or the he 4xx are the fx audio dac x6.  

just listed everything I would reccomend all sound great just depends on what you prioritise 

44 minutes ago, rice guru said:

https://www.soundguys.com/open-back-vs-closed-back-headphones-12179/ here is a pretty good write up of the differences beteween the 2

$200 or less 

closed back : akg k553, dt 770 80 ohm if you have no amp, 250 ohm if you have an amp.ATH 1100i's, one more tridents triple driver over ears

open back, dt 990 80 ohm if you dont have an amp, 250 ohm if you dont have an amp, dt 880 same case as the 770 and 990, hd 58x, he 4xx if you have an amp, akg 7xx, akg k 712, 

a relatively cheap dac amp you can use with these if you want the 250 ohhm models or the he 4xx are the fx audio dac x6.  

just listed everything I would reccomend all sound great just depends on what you prioritise 

Thank you, what is the pro of getting the 250 Ohm version and buying an Amp

better bass and clarity. and buying an amp will make sure you can power those specific headphones. 

Just gonna say this though Bluetooth Oland windows acts like ass